Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A safe working day

Dear Family and Friends,
Thank you for caring enough to read this blog night or morning after morning. It really makes my day when I hear someone say, oh I read it every day or I would not miss it. That always amazes me that you care that much. Thanks

Loree, Ken and I walked this morning at 6:25 and the pace was blistering. To other people this would be running, not to these two who go go go. We all enjoyed our time and having three makes the trip seem almost effortless. Got to say Loree adds a lot to the walk and she says she likes it, I can't believe she can fit it in with all the stuff she has to do all day for her family and work. I'm not complaining.

Oatmeal, banana, toast with light peanut butter, research for the day using data sources and then fix a couple conditions. Then it was past time to leave for Benicia. The trip was quick and effortless, the weather was cool and my book is slightly less boring now. The home in Benicia was a sale. As we became acquainted I learned the seller had lost her husband a year ago and had reconnected with a friend from the teen years through internet and they had just been married. He lives in Conn. so she has sold her home and is moving there. It was a lovely home and had a great backyard too. Price was right and she is ready and anxious to make the drive across the country to her new life. It was encouraging.

Then I drove to Centerville, a condo project in Rohnert Park to take photos of a unit that has just been purchased. Then back to Martinez to get a thermometer for the fish tank, arrive early for the last appraisal appointment of the day. This evening I had dinner with a friend, I introduced her to grillers which she prepared on the BBQ along with ears of corn and we enjoyed sitting in the back yard in the breezes and discussing how both our businesses are in tough times, she is in real estate and I know her from doing appraisals for homes she has bought or sold over the years. What a challenge it is right now to keep ones head up with so little work to do. Some experts say we have reached the bottom of the market while others say two more years of misery.

Nikki called this afternoon to let me know that she is nearing the birth of Kallie. It could be a week yet but it won't be long. We are all so excited and anxious. Keanna's TB test turned out to be OK, good news.

I have been expecting some checks from clients since last Friday and they are still not here. I don't understand what the hold up is, they both mailed them days ago, I could use them NOW. I just don't understand why the post office takes so long, one was mailed right here in Discovery Bay.

I reported in to Loren today on the success of the grill rebuild for the bug. After driving hundreds of miles today it is still in place and perfect tonight. At 542 miles today I needed diesel. Two places had it at 4.98 a gallon so I drove a bit and found it for 4.93 a gallon. It cost an amazing $65 to fill the bug with 13 gallons. I am in shock. I'm so blessed to have the bug with its 43 miles per gallon, can you imagine if I had to drive other cars I have owned which barely got 20.

So I leave you this evening with a reminder, to find a reason to smile, to even laugh, to sing a bit (yes that means you George), to rejoice in something. I thank God for friends and for the tremendous lift the camp out gave me. I'm sure it was a great help to others as well. There is something very special that happens when the church family gets together out in nature, it seems to bring the best out in people. What a blessing to belong to a family like that.

love to all,

Tim

No comments: