Friday, May 23, 2008

Moments of extreme joy






Dear Fellow Life Travelers,

10:15. Weather has turned cool and pleasant. Dogs are sleeping at my feet after being overjoyed at my return.
The day has been a mix with some success and some less productive time. Loree and I walked briskly around the lake this morning in the cool weather, then I gave her checks that had come in to deposit. I worked for awhile but fell asleep, the night was too short and the warm room too comfortable. Then orders and emails began to come in. Finally I had some breakfast and a shower and then back to work again. As I began to set up orders I found that we were out of folders again. I did some scheduling but am fully aware that a baby is coming soon and some appointments will have to be moved about so I can help with Keanna and be supportive to Nikki and Steve. Now I have new orders in Sacramento, Loomis, Santa Clara, Martinez, Stockton and yes one even in Discovery Bay. My excellent writer is vacationing in Europe so it has given me the challenge of writing up each full appraisal as well as seeing the property. Its a good challenge.
Today's mail brought another check for services rendered. At $450 a pop those really help cover things and yes late last night I did make the house payment. I don't have it quite covered yet but I will my Tuesday when it will be processed by the bank.
A lender decided they wanted a photo of the bathroom of a home we did several weeks ago so at 6:30 I decided I needed to get out and do something. I drove to Brentwood to shoot the bathroom photos and the phone rang, it was Nikki who had just dropped off Keanna at a sleep over, she was hungry so we met at Staples for folders and then UNO's for excellent dinner. She is doing so well and is looking forward to baby Kallie's arrival.
Then it was back home to the dogs greeting. The grill of my bug is still holding fast and looks very normal even after hitting what ever was in the freeway last night, no tire damage that I can find or body damage either. From time to time close friends call and sometimes have sage advice. I've been in neutral for so long about cleaning up the house, starting to sort my clothes, even folding the clean laundry and with Dana coming this place needs to be shaped up a bit, from back deck to front yard. A friend suggested that I use some holiday time on Monday to sort out shirts I really don't like or don't wear anymore and move them on to others making room for those I really do like to wear. Its great advice and I intend to act on it. Also the stair chair needs to be sold. Its nearly a whole house payment and I just need to get the word out, someone needs it and we need to connect.
This morning at 11 was a highlight of my life. Keanna and her class had prepared to sing a song to their fathers. Steve was in the middle of a huge landscaping job that had him muddy and dirty from head to toe so I went in his place. Every child had a father or grandfather there except for one little girl. She was in tears even though they explained her daddy had called in and was stuck in traffic and would arrive soon. Keanna tried to comfort her but to no avail. I was so glad I was there for Keanna. I've included a few photos of our time together in the play area behind the school. What a blast and its so much fun to see her in action. Yes today I knew I was able to meet a real need and when I came in she was so excited, she had me come sit in a tiny chair right in the front row near her. The song was so cute and I've included the banner that is the name of the song as well.
So good night my friends, Its Sabbath School for Keanna and me tomorrow.

love

tim

1 comment:

divatobe said...

You might try www.craigslist.org to sell the stair chair.