Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Friends make this a special day


Dear Family and Friends,
This has been a memorable day for me. Ken and I decided not to walk this morning, he had a meeting and I had much to do to prepare for the day. I worked in feverishly until time to drive to Stockton to shoot more comps for yesterdays appraisal, then to BJ's for a delicious lunch with Dolly, Bart and Debbie. What a great time that was catching up events and friendships. Then it was time to drive to Brentwood to see the very special house. Just under 5,000 SF and constructed on a double sized lot this was the most impressive home I have ever seen in Brentwood. It was a high quality home with all the latest features, alarm systems, lighting systems, circulating yet tankless water heating system, 3 heating and AC systems, huge black bottom pool and spa, outdoor kitchen, exhaustive interior kitchen, master suite on second level, built in cabinets in every room, movie room and on it goes. The thing I will probably remember most though was a pair of pugs, they were so well mannered and actually obeyed commands. I have included a photo here of them as they posed with me on the steps.
After leaving this magnificent home I drove to the gym where Keanna does her tumbling classes, watched and enjoyed her in action. Then it was time for dinner at Grazies, a local place with good food. Sylvia drove out for dinner and we really enjoyed sharing survival ideas, remembered 29 years of memories and had some very good food. As we dined outside the sun set, the table lamps were lit and darkness set in and yet we talked on. Finally we headed home, she with the longer drive back to Tracy.
What a lift it has been to my spirits to have the privilege of dining with such good friends. Do you enjoy the lift you get from being with friends? I certainly do and every time I am with these friends I end up with so many things to consider, to take to heart, to use to change the way I do things or think about things.
Tomorrow I am supposed to travel down to Salinas where a home awaits an appraisal. I've called all day today for an appointment but the person at the title company with the keys has not decided to call me back. So in the morning I will try again. Some companies seem to have a very hard time answering the phones. This morning I waited 30 minutes for someone to stop the music and talk to me and then they hung up on me. Not a title company I would ever consider using.
During dinner this evening a call came in and it was an order to do an FHA inspection in Vacaville, its set for Thursday so work is trickling in and I'll take it. Its a very strange time for our entire industry.
So tonight I am grateful for people who have room in their hearts for friends. What a huge blessing.
Thanks to all for your love and involvement in my life.

love

tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,
Aren't you glad that you have some of these really good days sprinkled in with the "down" days? It sort of makes life worthwhile. When I looked at the picture this morning I thought maybe Star had a new friend. You probably don't really need another pet. You are beginning to look like yourself again and don't have that "beat down" look so much anymore. Yes, life goes on and we have to hang on for the ride. What we make of it is our choice. I'm glad you are making good choices.

Since I am going nowhere today, I have a big day of catch up! You can only be on the run and neglect household duties so long. Then you have to stop and catch up. This is one of those days ~ laundry, cleaning, office work.... I keep wanting to start packing, but I think I'll wait until we at least get an offer. I keep wondering what God has in store for us this time..... We need but trust in His leading. We will know in His time.

Have another great day!

We love you ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Good to read that Your day went so well. Our Day was good with a good lunch at the center and just a bit of Flowerbed work at home.

Choir Practice tonight. We will be going to the Spaghetti Factory Friday evening and You are most welcome to join Us there if You can.

Have a good Day,

Bob & Carrol.