Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Still adjusting, working hard





Dear Family and Friends,

9:50 and a very successful day overall. Walked with Loree at 6:30 and that girl can boogie, I could hardly keep up. Then back to shower, oatmeal breakfast and settle down to clear the desk. Finally by noon I could start to write reports having set up 8 new orders, located about 75 to 90 miles away, everyone of them it seems. Tomorrow its Benicia at 10, then Rohnert Park, then back to Walnut Creek for a 4 pm appointment. Thursday it will be Stockton for a relo, then Rocklin at 1 and Antelope at 4. I hope to be able to make it back to Shawn Want's sons 8th grade graduation at 7 in Lodi. Friday I have no work scheduled yet but will have to begin to write some of these up. At 11 on Friday Keanna and her class will sing a special song for Fathers day and I plan to be there to enjoy it. Of course all of this can change if little Kallie decides to arrive early. So far she is doing her time where she is supposed to be and Nikki is feeling pretty good but very tired. Hard to sleep, hard to eat, hard to move really.

Today has also been a success in the kitchen. I purchased some potatoes after reading in the Dean Ormish book that if the potato is cooked and eaten without tons of extra stuff that it is basically good food, so I timidly approached the microwave having no idea of how long to bake the lonely little potato. Well right there on the door was a reference to a potato and a power button and after 7 minutes that potato was great, smothered in no fat cottage cheese. I also tried my hand at cooking some corn, into the water went two little ears and I just guessed about the time. They were great! When I got hungry today I ate a banana, a peach, some strawberries.

This evening after observing Keanna at tumbling class I decided it was time to tackle another body and fender repair of the bugs grill. It came home last night literally dragging on the ground. So without my faithful wonder worker Loren I decided to try a fix. I drilled a few holes in the bug and with some carefully placed plastic ties I managed to get it all back into place, it looks great and feels fairly strong, I think good for a few more weeks.

I'm listening to a book right now which is so boring the dashboard tends to go to sleep. I bought it and I'm determined to finish it but there is no drama, only a man talking about his terrible father and childhood, I keep waiting for something to happen, action you know, well so far very little action. Just now the mother who is a ding a ling has brought her 8 year old son home a doll house. This is to replace the guinea pig the dad killed by neglect. I fear no good will come of the relationships in that sad household. I only have 4 more CDs to listen to before the book mercifully ends. I tell you Joyce, this is no masterpiece.

Well enough rambling of a demented mind. I'm feeling better each day without the veramyst allergy stray. If you are enjoying life too much and want a real downer I recommend the Veramyst spray. Yes it does stop allergies too.

I've included a few photos of Keanna in action this afternoon.

Love to all

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

Yes, we're still here and still reading your daily blogs. I'll have to admit that I did miss this one though.

We got a call from Lesley, our realtor, saying she was bringing some people today to look at Lakemont. We shined and polished all morning. Well, they changed their minds and didn't come. Oh well, the house needed a good cleaning anyway. I think Lesley was more disappointed then we were. She is determined to sell it for us. She will, but we don't know when. We are motivated. We just need someone who loves the place and has the money.

Tim, I'm so glad you had a relaxing, spiritual, fun, fellow-shipping week end. It sounds like your soul was renewed and you are having a good week. We ALL need a break now and then. How we would love to have a turn! It will be a long time in coming I fear. Our "help" has trouble with dealing with the public and being authoritative on the phone. We're getting too many complaints. Oh what to do?

Well, I guess I'll try to sleep again. Continue to have a good week. Actually it's almost over already. Now how did that happen?

We love you ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

What a nasty windy dirty day!! I'll be so glad when this weather simmers down. I am so tired of coughing and taking pills. Now that Carrol has caught the Bug too Our Dr has ordered Us to stay home and inside for the next 7 days NO EXCEPTION !! I guess We will do what He says. Thank goodness for a caring Friend for a Family Dr.

We will put the Lunch Date on hold till next week for sure.

Have a good rest of the week and coming weekend too.

Thinking of You and hopeing to get feeling better soon so We can visit again.

Bob & Carrol.