Thursday, May 1, 2008

A beautiful new layer of carpet, Keanna turns 5






Dear Ones,
10:20 and I'm heading to bed soon. This has been a day of attempted discipline, eat better, work more, fiddle around less. I did manage to complete a lot of work today as well as to run Keanna to school this morning so Steve could deal with the carpet guys who were already there before 8 this morning. I went back to Keanna's school to see her chapel program but she was so tired and sleepy that she just could not cope very well. Nikki picked her up after school, they signed up for dance classes, grabbed a quick bite and then I went back and watched her in swimming lessons. Today was the last of the swimming lessons for awhile. Then I headed to Taco Bell for a quick burrito and grief recovery group. On the way home I stopped by the view the new carpet, its great and makes every room look perfect.
At the grief recovery meeting there were many people in attendance and the overall benefit from being there was good. It is a constant reminder that there is a lot of suffering and fear along with recovery and joy in our community. There are some really brave people in our group who face tough realities every day as they either care for themselves or loved ones. I draw ideas, courage, laughter and affinity for others by being there.
Tomorrow I will continue my present campaign to get my desk cleared up and be totally caught up with my work, then begin to canvas local businesses for new orders, complete my tax affairs, clean the back deck and help the kids restore their home to normal.
I would ask that you continue to remember my lack of orders in your prayers. I just need to know what God's will is for the present reality, for this time while the whole industry is in turmoil.
I love my family, my friends, my little creatures and having the opportunity to live.
love to all

Tim
ps Photos are sort of obvious, they show Keanna at the sand box at her school, in her new sand box at home, opening presents with Steve, Nikki, David, Lacy and little guy looking on and Steve in his new hydroponic garden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah ~ I'm so glad it's Friday. I'll even be gladder when it's Sunday. Tomorrow is a very busy day. Roger sings for SS then the church choir sings 2 numbers for church. At 2:30 the chorale has a concert and at 4:15 he has to do a presentation on "Financial Peace". Sunday he plans to crash. Sunday a.m. I have our hopefully final nominating committee meeting. So, are we busy or what? It has been an insane week. Next week is a little saner ~ I think...

Don't be too quick to pay off that Dr. bill. Be sure your insurance was billed and be sure they paid it. Sometimes doctors who are called in don't have the insurance information and so can't bill your insurance. If you don't follow up you pay.

Good luck on cleaning off your desk. You have been provided with some time now, so use it wisely.

Have a good week end.

We love you ~ Carol