Thursday, May 15, 2008

IRS makes its power known, sure makes my day!

Dear Family and Friends,
After a week of extreme ups and downs I was shocked to discover that our friendly IRS had seized my accounts at the bank taking all the money I was building to make the house payment. At first it seemed overwhelming and it seemed like just another blow to an already very shaky world I find myself living in. Little work, multiple bills and now this. After a brief 40 minute wait to speak to someone at the IRS I found a human, she was very helpful, told me how much the fishing trip had netted them and gave me until July 14 to find the other $3,500, no problem, I'll just work harder, wait, there is little work to do.. my main client has not generated a new loan in 5 weeks so everyone on his team is in a panic, another client checked in today to tell me she had not forgotten me, just had not done a loan in "months". Yet an order did come in this afternoon. Heather, our Brentwood appraiser, got an order but did not want to travel to Oakdale so referred to me. To me Oakdale is like next door, less than an hour away. I even have comps, not 4, not 2 but the vital 3 I need and they are current. So hopefully on Monday I can see it along with a noon appointment in Rancho Cordova to see a condo and I'm back in business for the day.
I've just come from the grief group which has grown to be a very large group now. There is a variety of ages, conditions, situations, temperaments but the group really pulls together for every ones good. It is loud, funny, tearful, emotional and very helpful. There are three guys who I especially look to. One lost his dear wife a year ago, another about 15 months and I'm not sure about the third. They talk lovingly about their kids, grand kids, share their experiences and what they do to make it through mothers day, birthdays, a lonely house, vacations alone, etc.
I have mixed feelings about this weekend, its the first Tracy campout I've ever gone on without Nan and we've been a part of dozens of campouts over the years. Tracy has a wonderful group of flexible people who love to camp, love to socialize, fish, play games, eat and just get together. How will I fit in? Fortunately Dave Hardesty is going with me and he has been alone for years too, we will make it a good time and we leave in the morning. I am in hopes that I have a signal so i can blog tomorrow night. I'll try very hard to get it out as its become something I enjoy doing. We are going to Lake McSwain, 94 miles from here and tomorrow promises to be a warm one again. Camping is less fun in the heat but there is the lake and central air conditioning in the motorhome too, that should help.
How are you doing lately. I appreciate hearing from you and I know you are busy. I so enjoyed hearing from my kids today, Timothy was learning to say Dada and getting ready for grandma Julie to arrive tomorrow afternoon. Keanna is looking forward to cousin Anthony coming in about two weeks with Aunt Dana.
So good friend, fellow family member, thanks for your love and prayers. Losing Nan was the hardest thing I have ever had to cope with and it is taking longer to adjust than I imagined yet never a day goes by that I do not remember how precious and brave she was, how lucky and blessed I was to have her as my own.

love

tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Sorry about the IRS but at least You have a window to work with.

I,m feeling much better this morning, the High Power Med's are finally kicking in I guess. By the way My X-Rays (Chest) were Clear & Normal. Thankful for that !

Today is Carrol's Colonoscopy so We will be busy till about 4:30 I suppose. Hoping for favorable results, never to sure about these things with Her, given the Cancer that dwells in Her bones & blood. Dr says "Not to worry" easy for Him to say but I'm trying.

Have a good time at the Campout with Your friends, You will be warm for sure 100 Yesteray and more of the same for the weekend they say.

I'll write You when We get results from the tests & Clinic on Monday.

Thinking of You,

Bob & Carrol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

You have already left for your camping trip and will probably not be writing in the blog tonight. I just want you to know we are also sorry to hear about your plight with the IRS. We do have to keep those illegals fed, you know. We must get those taxes paid up.

I do hope you have a great time camping. Now that's my kind of camping ~ motor home with A/C, plumbing and a comfortable bed. And you won't be so lonely with company along. You will have a special time with your church family.

Another "bump in your road" will be when Nikki has her baby. You know that will be an occasion that Nan would love. All special family times will be difficult. You can make it through.

Have a great week end~

We love you ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Tim,

Please call me when you get home from the camp out, 209-835-1238

Bob Miller