Sunday, May 4, 2008

Oh the wonderful learning curve

Dear Family and Friends,
How has your day been? What a great time of year, not too cold and as of yet not too warm either, some wind this afternoon which sort of cooled down the office a bit and blew some papers around but no worries, Marilyn is coming to sort them soon, yea!
I've spend the entire day in this leather office chair which used to be more comfortable. The dogs have been at my feet all day as I ventured into learning more about Quick Books Pro. I've used it for years but never tackled reconciling in this program. Ken guided me with a couple trips over and I have the entire business account up to date entry wise and the first two months of 2007 reconciled. I was 12 bucks off and after an hour I called Ken, within two minutes he spotted the problem, showed me how to delete checks out of the system and after he left I was able to do another month and it came out "0" which is just what you want. I can only imagine how frustrated Ken must have been in the past having to do this for two calendar year (tax) years entry by entry. What patience he must have. LeAnn is so lucky to have him as her spouse, wonder if she knows!! Ken told me this morning that they have lived here in Discovery for 27 years. That's quite a while for anyone in California to live in the same place. I believe the average is to move every three years. I would hate that. I don't like moving much.
Nikki sent over her photos from the birthday party and they are great. Wish I could capture a couple and include them here but I'm not sure how to do that yet.
I just realized that I can heart my heart beating in my ears. I took my blood pressure and its 133/73 with a pulse rate of 55 but I can sure hear some strange noises in my right ear just now. Very strange.
I'm heading to bed now and plan to wake up in the morning.
I was glad to hear from my blogging friend in Benicia today. She sounds very nice and they are very creative people.
Well this thumping in my inner ear is bugging me so I'm going to bed. We walk in the morning at 7 and the dogs have been telling me for an hour that it was bedtime.
I sure hope to see some new orders this week. It will be interesting to see what God has in mind for me.
Sending tax preparing love your way,

Tim
ps So glad to hear that Bob and Carrol got back safely and Carrol felt well enough to do the band concert. Also glad that Roger and Carol survived the huge weekend they had and can now perhaps take it a little easier this week. My brother reports generally good weather up in Weed but due to the 5,000+ altitude the nights are still cold and snow still flies at times. He has found a real interesting trail up into the mountains and enjoys his walk nearly every day as well. Jason is in Reno tonight on a business trip, visiting schools in the area representing MBA. He hates to leave Jo and Timothy but he's put off the trip as long as possible and now its time.

No comments: