Monday, May 12, 2008

Back to work

Good Evening,
I'm doing this earlier tonight as I intend to go to bed earlier than what has become the habit. I've just made dinner, cottage cheese, green peas, two little breakfast links for protein and some v8 juice to make it interesting.
The highlight of this day was to have lunch with Loree. Loree has been important to nan and me for years and is one of those people you trust with the keys, the books, the phone numbers and basically everything. She lives a very busy life with 3 teenagers who are all girls, beautiful and very bright. Scott works from home so is there to help with the trials and tribulations of the girls but Loree keeps busy busing them here and there for all the important things they do every day. She is just finished with a prom and now is facing a senior ball and graduation while the third daughter was home ill today from school. In addition to all this domestic stuff she keeps our receivables in order, logs out files, sort of acts like a controller keeping details correct. She has figured out a way to control her work computer from home so sits in a very nice office at home and does DAS work from there. Like Nikki said I was just a couple years late in taking her to lunch as she has helped us so much over the years. So we did Olive Garden in Tracy and enjoyed catching up on each others kids and events.
By the time I drove back home I was very sleepy. Just out of the shower this morning something hit me and I itched all over, to the point I could not really function. This happens a couple times each spring so I knew I had to find and take a benedryl tablet. Well they happen to make one sleepy as well. So when I got back in the work chair this afternoon I fell into a deep sleep for nearly two hours. Yet I had work to do but didn't do it, just slept. Now I'm going back to the office and trying to do some catch up work.
This weekend the Tracy SDA church is having one of their famous campouts. This one is at Lake McSwain which is about 94 miles from here. Dave Hardesty, a long time buddy from the Tracy area will go with me and we'll make the trip on Friday during the day buying groceries as we go. All of this is dependent on whether the newest member of the family comes early or not. So far there is no indication that she is planning an early arrival and Nikki continues to do well. I can't wait to see this newest little arrival.
Did I mention that Dana has lost her mind once again. She and Tim flew to LA, got a rental and drove to Fresno to see a 69 bug. He liked it, bought it and they are driving it back to Houston. It goes 50 miles an hour uphill and 70 on the flat sections.; No doubt they are home by now. Tim was going to do it by himself but Dana offered to help. The crazy and fun things we do for, with our kids! Never a dull moment really as they unfold their exciting lives and we get to tag along.
Thanks for being my friend, my family. May you have a pleasant evening and get ready for the heat that is coming soon.

love

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, I'm off to China on Wed'day for a 2-week trip to see my son, Michael, who teaches English at a university in Louyang City - 450 miles or so AWAY from where the earthquake hit, thank goodness! I will continue to try and follow all my favorite blogs, and maybe even update my own while there, but it's always iffy with the communists controlling everything, even the internet. Take care of yourself, continue to find joy in your life, and I will look forward to keeping an "eye" on you from afar, or when I get back. Best regards, as always! Deborah in Benicia