Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dana arrives from Houston


It finally happened. Dana finally broke free from her grandparent duties in Houston and arrived in Oakley with Anthony, her 6 year old grandson, at noon today. Keanna went with me to greet them and it was so good to see them both. Keanna was a bit shy at first but soon warmed to her cousin. They shared chips and stories as we drove first to CostCo in Livermore for needed survival supplies and then to Chili's where we met Nikki and Kallie for a late lunch. Nikki and Kallie had been to a planning session in Tracy for the upcoming VBS program. We enjoyed our lunch while Kallie went to sleep. Earlier in the morning I had been privileged to hold her and feed her for awhile. She is a strong and assertive baby to be sure and is now well over 9 lbs.
Keanna chose to ride back with us and came for an afternoon visit which stretched into evening. She and Anthony played very well together, did puppet shows, feed geese, watched DVDs and had fun. I've included a photo of them on the dock after they had fed the geese all the stale bread I've been saving for such an occasion.
Reluctantly Keanna finally consented to going home mid evening, its hard to leave when you are having so much fun and with Dana around there is lots of fun. She has a heart of love with a special tender spot for little kidos.
Ask me how much work I've gotten done, well actually none but its well worth it to get to have this house full of noise again, full of love and life. It is just wonderful and I plan to enjoy every minute of it and yes I will get some work done too. Like tomorrow afternoon I will be in court in Fairfield on the stand being an "expert" witness. That is a real challenge to the fearful part of me so I'd better just step up to the plate and share what I know as best I can.
Please pray for Jason this evening, that he will find a quick recovery and get on with his meaningful life.
So good night my friends and family,
love
tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

That is an adorable photo!! Someone has a good eye for composition - is it you, Tim? I love it. Such sweet cousins. I know you are enjoying them, and Dana, too. I love Keanna's little dress! Deborah