Thursday, June 26, 2008

They went to the zoo

Dear Family and Friends,
Its only 9:30 so Barbie can go to bed early tonight! I'm back from driving over 300 miles safely. The smoke made the day less pleasant than usual but the friendliness of the homeowners in Madera was amazing. It is such a joy to be privileged to visit with some very nice people on almost a daily basis as I inspect home after home for the appraisal business.. I walked this morning but did it later than usual and the temp was already starting to rise a bit. Today's walk was enhanced by conversations with friends, Art was walking his two little grandchildren in a stroller in Bloomingdale, IL. Macie and Gage were keeping him busy as they walked along and I could hear the joy in his voice as they shared the adventure together. Today Art and Connie were baby sitting the little ones instead of day care as Sarah had to work.
I started a new book in the CD player, set the AC to low and the cruise to 65 and headed down Highway 99. It was a pleasant drive with a few trucks to slow for and a few idiots going very fast to dodge. As I drove the smoke increased and the temperature shot up too. The property was located out in the country east of the highway, had 2 acres, a newly new home in turn key condition and a shop loaded with "man" toys. The couple had been married for 59 years with their life marred recently by several blood clots in the ladies brain and head. Fortunately Kaiser had been able to restore her to reasonable health but the husband said he is never far away from her now just in case she needs him. By the time I had completed the inspection and the visit I was feeling faint so I punched in Subway and was given a list of about 5 nearby stores. I selected the nearest and enjoyed a very nice lunch with tons of excellent tasting lettuce, wheat bread, tomatoes and olives. Restored to health I ventured out into the heat and started to drive the comps. They were spread over an 8 mile radius but finally I was through and heading home.
Nikki, Keanna, Kallie, Dana and Anthony went to the zoo in Oakland today. This evening all the reports are of a great day, Dana was so tired from walking the hills of the zoo that she retired early hoping to recoup. I went to grief group and found it to be very helpful, funny and encouraging. What a huge lift to just be with these very special people. Now I'm home and in a short while I'm going to bed. During the day today I've taken many calls and some of them have turned into orders. I'm delighted with that turn of events. Orders are good!
One very wonderful thing to report. Jason felt well enough today to return to work, his voice sounds better and I can tell he is feeling much much better. I am so thankful for that and I could hear relief in Jo's voice as we spoke this evening.
Tomorrow I will see properties again but this time they are much closer by. That will be nice as driving that far is both costly and very tiring in spite of the good book I was listening to.
Good night to all, we all send our love, how precious is family!

love

tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim, Funny thing! It's 5 to 12 midnight and I'm just reading the blog. We have been to Reno today and just got home a sort time ago and I see where you wrote the blog early this time. Well, thanks a bunch! Now I'll be off to bed. Glad: your orders keep coming in; Jason is better; you went to grief group; Nikki and group had good time at the zoo. Bye for now. Barbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Just a quick note to let You know thar We will be at Marie Calendars for dinner at 5:00 this evening . You are most welcome to join Us for a Free piece of Pie. I have a Birthday coupon. Bring Dana if She would like too.

The smoke was terrible here Yesterday, worst in the 5 days so far . Sunset You could look directly into the Sun and see only a large orange ball Incredible!!

Have a good safe Day , Gad to read that Jason is feeling better.

Bob & Carrol.