Thursday, June 19, 2008

Making hay while the sun shines...

Dear Family and Friends,
9:50 pm, been home 20 minutes from the grief group. The day has gone well, walked at 7, worked in this morning preparing for the day and dealing with conditions, orders, value checks, stuff! Left about 11:30 for Half Moon Bay and reached the destination safely. Amazingly it was very hot in this beautiful ocean front community. I found a lovely home, fully remodeled, check on the table, little dogs going wild in the back yard. After completing the inspection and shooting 7 comparables I was getting really hungry, it was 3:30 by this time. I found a little Mexican place, made me a bean and cheese burrito with whole beans, wow was it ever good. Then back on the road and using the cell phone I tried to reach someone at the Suisun City property, I needed to see it today to be ready for court on Monday. Just at a crucial turning point in Castro Valley the phone rang and it was arranged that I could see the property at 5. I set the GPS for Suisun City and at 5:20 arrived in 100+ degree heat. When you pull up and the house looks complicated from the car you sort of groan inside knowing that measuring the house is going to be a hot experience. However you just turn the AC off and get out and get started. The home was beautifully decorated and is the subject of a lawsuit between divorcing parties. After I finished seeing the house, shooting the comps I noted the time was late, well after 6 pm and I had an hour to drive to the grief recovery group. The trip went quickly and even though I arrived late it was well worth the trouble. I am always impressed with the desire on the part of so many people to keep on going, to keep trying and to keep on doing their best. It is very inspirational. Now I am home considering how one gets so busy when one has so little work to do. Am I thankful? Oh yes. Yet it is always a special moment to walk into the house after a very long day with tons of safe miles and be greeted by little Starr and Lady, they get so excited to see me, makes me feel a little bit less sad.
Tomorrow promises to be a busy one with appointments in Tracy, Lafayette, Emeryville. I'll be glad to get home tomorrow night. I plan to attend the memorial service for Inez, a very special lady who was always so positive and kind to the Tracy Church Family. That will be at 11:30 in the morning in Tracy.
Overall this has been a very encouraging week with time spent with Nikki, Steve, Keanna, Kallie, my brother Jerry, Donna, Ruth and its very nice to know both Sylvia and Pam have returned from their respective trips.
So my family, my friends here's wishing you a good evening, yes Barbara, you can go to bed early tonight. Thanks for the kind emails this week and encouragement.

love

tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good night Tim. It's still late but off I go! Barbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Looks like a warm one coming up today.

Have a safe one and stay cool.

Hope to see You Sabbath for Lunch.

Hang in there,

Bob & Carrol.