Monday, June 23, 2008

On the stand then home to a feast



Dear Family and Friends,

We are mellowing out now after a tremendous feast that Dana prepared. Steve, Nikki and Kallie came over to have dinner. Keanna had already been here playing with Anthony all afternoon. Camp director Dana had purchased fishing poles, worms, bobbers and between she and Loree they got the poles ready for fishing. Of course after a few minutes in the warm afternoon sun both Anthony and Keanna grew weary and decided fishing was not so exciting after all. They played for hours and got along great, what a huge boost to Keanna's summer, a great way to relieve boredom. Also a huge relief for Nikki to just get to spend time with Kallie while Keanna is happily playing. On the docket are trips to the zoo, swimming, china town and probably much much more.

Dana and I walked to the park with the dogs this morning and then she and the little ladies came home and I walked the rest of the 2.5 mile circuit. Then I worked over the report, printed out 4 copies for the different lawyers and the judge, loaded up the file and dug out the suit which has not been worn for months. When it was time I dressed in the suit, loaded up the car and headed to Fairfield. It was a very smoky day and the entire trip over I'm sure the air quality was very poor in the car. The GPS guided me to the courthouse but I had to find my own parking. The entire trip over I was talking to myself about how I could do this, I can, I can and then I would take deep breathes. Suddenly I was in the court room and being called to the front where I was sworn in and then took my seat. First came the questions from the friendly lawyer and then from the opposing side and then from the judge. After a few minutes the questions were through and I was allowed to leave. It turned out to be a very good experience but it sure helps to be prepared. I was struck by how many very carefully agreed on rules govern the court room process. In this permissive age where anything goes it was a real pleasure to see the rules being followed and civil discourse taking place. A clear sign on the door lets all who would enter know the dress code, the rules on no gum chewing, no cell phones, no tank tops, no flip flops, no jeans. Very clear and to the point. I came away impressed by the system and how carefully it has been thought out. I was so relieved to be completed and even more thankful to receive a small check on the spot for my work. With it I was able to cover some payroll for people who help make the company keep going. It was a different Tim that drove home, relaxed, tie off, Hawaiian music on the player. I found a burrito in Rio Vista and then drove on home. I am very thankful to my Lord for the help He rendered today in helping me meet this challenge. I had the skills, the knowledge, the experience and the ability of public speaking and it all came together once I was on the stand.
When I arrived home it was to a driveby filled with cars, Loree was working in the office, Dana was working in the kitchen, I was struck as I walked through the door with the sweet perfume coming from the office and the pleasant cooking odors emanating from the kitchen. How nice to come home to life, noise, joy. In a short time Nikki and Steve came to dinner and brought Melaboo with them, the black lab loves to swim and did a great deal of that as she chased balls through out into the lake. Soon the whole place was filled with family sounds, bouncing balls, laughter, chatter, Kallie speaking up. The meal was a feast, the white corn divine, the salad perfect, mashed potatoes, and much much more.
Now everything is quiet. The kids went home an hour or so ago, Keanna was so tired but didn't want to go... that's a good sign.
Dana has Comcast coming in the morning, she said she has to get it working before Marilyn arrives, it has worked off and on over the past 6 months and frankly I'm tired of it. If this visit does not solve our problems we will turn to Direct TV or Dish network, enough with this horrid cable company.
I have the high honor of having lunch with Roger and Carol from N Carolina who flew in today and also Bob and Carrol. We will meet in Lodi at noon. Fortunately I have a 10 am appointment in the farming country east of Lodi tomorrow, sounds like a lovely property with 10 acres. After we eat and socialize I'll head back to the subject area to locate sales of similar properties. Next day I see the cardiologist and a Brentwood appointment that evening, then on Thursday it is Madera. Praise God for orders and work, for wonderful friends, for this great family I am enjoying.
I've included a photo of Anthony pointing out the sunset this evening. The photo does not really grasp the beauty of the scene as the sun set midst the smoke over the palm trees of our island. The other photo is a happy moment with Steve, Nikki and Kallie just before they left. Arn't they beautiful, yes even Steve is beautiful! Baby kallie is growing rapidly and charms everyone who holds her. Keanna continues to be a great big sister and is very protective and supportive to her little sister.
Thank you Dana for your enormous help. You are amazing!
love
tim
Please continue to remember Jason in prayer. He is not well yet and is still suffering with fever, nasty throat and general malaise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

Sounds like You had a busy day Yesterday. Now let's hope for a Day with less Smoke in the Air and a Good visit & lunch with Friends.

We finally got Carrol's Crown instalation appointment completed and the new tooth is in place and doing its job quite well.

Between My Crown & Carrol's We managed to spend all of Our "Stimulas Pkg Money" I hope that makes George W. Happy !!

Have a safe trip over here and We will see You for Lunch.

Bob & Carrol.