Monday, June 16, 2008

Its not good when a blood test is the high point of the day!

Dear Family and Friends,
10:30 and what waste of a day. Still no orders have come in, yes I need to complete ones I have already seen and no I've not done that. Instead I've continued to cut costs. Today I cut our use of NDC to one user instead of 2 saving $95 a month in the process, I reduced the business phone line from a cost of $73 a month down to $19.00 a month, waited all day for another data source to call me back. I intend to cut that bill down from nearly $400 a month to slightly over $100 a month and I emptied over 2,000 messages that had clogged our mustards@jps.net account to a halt as some of you have mentioned to me. Once I deleted all the thousands of messages then in a few minutes the service was working again. As soon as I learn how to connect this blog and the prior blog for Nan's recovery to my current email address then I will disconnect the jps account and save another $21 dollars a month. So in the past couple working days I've managed to reduce expenses by several hundred dollars without impacting my ability to produce appraisals at all. It was just support when we used to have several appraisers working full time and needed access points for data. I also have my eye on the bottled water account and I've got to get the stair chair on Craig's list. Sometimes I have a bit of trouble when I wade out into deep water, that is try to do something new that I've not done before, I get a bit nervous that I might be messing something up. Part of my makeup is to be timid, I hate confrontation of any kind.
I'm looking forward to having guests tomorrow afternoon. My brother Jerry and Donna and her adult daughter are coming to visit and to see if they can make use of any of Nan's standing inventory. This morning when I got back from the walk I dumped three drawers of clothes on the bed and then sorted them by type and size. This will make it easier if someone wants to claim an item. How nice it will be to have Nan's tastes for nice things spread to several people, to enjoy and make use of. I never knew Nan had so many pairs of soxs. She had soxs for every event, Christmas, valentines day, Hawaii, you name it and they are piled high in the middle of the bed now. Many of the items still have the original tags on them, there are jeans, pants, shorts, shirts, underwear of every color and size, dozens of nightgowns, light robes, well you get the picture. Many items caused me to pause as I remembered them from the past years, some from many years ago. In addition the closet racks are full of hanging clothes, shelves have sweaters, there are shoes.... on and on.
I've been mopping the floor a bit, sort of cleaning and using the vacuum, doing loads of wash, folding, carrying items. I guess I've been busy when I think of it. This afternoon I took the checks that came in the mail today, I thank the good Lord for them, almost enough to cover the house payment, the checks went to the bank, then I drove to the lab for a blood draw in prep for next weeks trip to the Cardiologist, then to Ace for a new door knob, the one on the garage door has finally broken completely after constant use for the last 20 years, then the car wash to remove several thousand miles of filth from the car, then to the club to find out details about joining. Do I join for a year? What is things change? I've freed up enough funds to more than cover the cost of $55 a month and I think it will be good for me to have something to do in the evenings instead of waste time like I do now. Yet its a hard decision, seems so selfish to spend that kind of money on myself. Especially when walking is free, not that I would stop walking, just add some weight training and swimming to the mix plus some good hard racquet ball.
Then home finally to rustle up some dinner, had some left overs from Strings and a tomato.
A Fathers day gift arrived in the mail today from son Jason. Based on the first chapter which I read before even sitting down I think this book is going to really help me a lot. I know Jason has already lost 6 lbs after a week using the book as the basis for his changes. Thank you Jason. What a great Fathers day, caring kids, breakfast fit for a king yesterday by Nikki, the book today from Jason. Wow!
I am thankful for life tonight, living right now is not easy for me and most likely not for you either. At the present time we all face many challenges but I happen to believe that God is fully aware of our plight and cares.
So good night my family and friends, I pray that Kallie will let her mommy and daddy sleep tonight.
love to all

Tim

No comments: