Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Working again

Dear Family and Friends,
10:20 highlights of the day *holding Kallie *getting new orders *getting paid for a new order *knowing my family and friends are safe as they travel *talking with a gentleman about GIST *eating cherry tomatoes from my own vines *walking around the lake *Sylvia Ahn returns from her mission trip this evening

I'm headed to bed after a warm day mostly spent in this chair at my desk. This evening I drove up to Oakley to see a house, bank owned, standing empty and the phone rang in my ear. It was a gentleman from Toronto calling to discuss his father in law's condition, trying to cope with the side effects of Sutent in Iran. Small world really. The people at the Life Raft GIST site had suggested he might want to talk to me about our experience with Sutent so I told him all I could, not much really. We continued to talk as I measured the entire home, shot my photos and then returned to the car. He shared how tough it was at first to even get the right medicine imported into Iran for the patient. Quite a story.

Yes orders did come in today and tomorrow I'm heading over the Half Moon Bay to do one, COD no less, the one I saw tonight was paid for today with a credit card, sure helps keep things moving along. The one tomorrow sounds great. Located a few blocks from the beach it was totally remodeled last summer and sounds great over the phone.

Jerry, Donna and Ruth made it home last night at 3 am. They were enjoying sorting the clothes today and their joy gave me peace and happiness as well.

So another day passes in this process called life. While we face setbacks, disappointments, fears we also have the very real sensation of our hearts pumping in our chests.

Welcome home Sylvia, you have lots to tell no doubt.

lv

tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Your day sounded positive. Good to hear you are getting more work. I hope it keeps up and the payments keep coming in.

Not much going on hear today. We were rather lazy. I looked up a lot of things on the internet about Michigan. We will be going there on July 3. I see Niles on the map. That was your first church. Gerry was surprised that I knew that.

Hang in there. Kallie sounds so sweet and cuddly. Love, Barbie

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

Well We made it to Sacramento Airport to fetch My Sister Yesterday and the Drive Home was not too bad even with the I-5 Prodject in full swing for the South Bound Lanes. Took about 1/2 hour(Extra Time) to get around it.

Got some of the Dr's appointments out of the way. Carrol is on Antibiotics for a nasty Cold & Sinus infection, Dentist was tied up with an accident victim emergency so We made that trip to Stockton for nothing but will try it again next week on Monday.

We continue to have Yard Man Problems, Seems like You can no longer depend on what People say they will do!!. I'll go the second mile with this one but NO MORE ! Someone out there must be willing to do these three connecting Yards on a regular baisis, but where is that one?

How nice that You could be of some help & comfort to a Gist Victim so far away, How well You do know what they are going through.

Again, remember Sabbath Lunch if You can make it. Woodbridge at 1:00You know the Place. Love to have You join Us.

Have a good rest of the week and enjoy those G.Daughters,

Bob & Carrol.