Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Roxanna brings hope and encouragement

Dear Family and Friends,
This morning started with a brisk walk around the lake with Mr. Ken. A short time later Roxanna was ringing the door bell. She is here on a brief trip to see a new grand baby. I was delighted to see her. Nan lived with she and Rick at their home in Conn. while in the trial program at Dana Farber in the spring of 2006. Roxanna made many many trips to Boston, 2 hours each to support Nan and then to be of help after the surgery event. Talk about demonstrating what love is, she did it over and over again. We had a great time catching up and she provided some real encouragement for me to tackle some things I have been putting off. So shortly after she left I called 611. My goal was to maintain Nan's phone service but as a backup and piggyback line on my account, a reduction of monthly fees from about $100 to about $9.95. It took over an hour and 4 different reps at AT&T but they did it and in the process discovered that I have a ton of unused roll over minutes. So I opted to a lower monthly plan of 1,400 minutes instead of the astounding 2,100 minutes from before. That also reduced the monthly charges. So if you call Nan's phone, 925-354-7677 you will still hear her sweet voice greeting you which was a connection I was not anxious to break.
On a roll with the phone company I next called the hospital to see why a payment I had made was not credited to the account. She gave me good news. Insurance had come through and wiped out the amount owing, a few hundred dollars. So one step forward there as well. Then there was the MLS line that needed paying and PG&E is anxiously awaiting payment. Thank you Roxanna for helping me move forward on little things that need to cared for. And thank you for the visit. I know your time is precious when you are only here a few days.
Two orders appeared today, orders which I will see tomorrow, one nearby and one in Novato which is a long ways off. But hopefully I can work the day so as to be near Napa for dinner tomorrow evening. Dolly who taught us this wonderful appraisal business years ago has offered dinner if I'm in the area and that sounds like a great offer.
The weather here is warm but all day long the wind has blown fast and furious which kept the temp down to a decent level. Even the dogs have stayed inside, not wanting to be blown about or to endure the heat. Right now Starr is sleeping just behind my chair and I have to warn her if I decide to move or I might hurt her little paw, she would not like that at all.
Something very nice happened today, a little blessing. I decided I had better label the tape in the camcorder which contained pictures from the hospital of Kallie and family and shots of Clayton's graduation. In the process I discovered I can hook up the camcorder to my little flat screen TV by my desk and watch the tape while I work. As I was going through the tapes in the case suddenly one fell out with an Art and Connie label. We had all thought I had accidentally thrown that tape away months ago and had given up. What good news to discover it and I let them know, they were delighted also. The thing I really enjoyed was seeing a brief shot of a smiling Nan in her wheelchair at the wedding. It was so good to see her again.
It is now officially time to head to bed. I am grateful for life, friends and family.
love to all,

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, you've turned a corner! This will be an "up" period for you and I'm glad. I don't need to warn you there will still be the "down" times, but let's hope and pray they get shorter and fewer as time goes by. Hooray for friends like Roxanne! Deborah