Monday, June 30, 2008

Starr has a close call, is rushed to the doctor..


Dear Family and Friends,
This morning after the family left for a day trip to San Francisco I was working in my office and heard sneezing. Turns out Starr had gotten through the opened gate and was in the grassy area beside the house. I went out to investigate and found Starr sneezing continually with foam coming from her mouth. You have got to understand that this little dog means a great deal to me, she is with me constantly when I am home working, sleeps beside me every night, sits in the recliner with me whenever I happen to find time to watch TV or rest. And to suddenly see her in so much pain and suffering was very hard to deal with. I found a lease and took her to the local vet, one that nan eventually stopped using due to his high prices and less than ideal care according to her. But I just wanted to get Starr to the nearest help I could, I assumed that she had picked up a fox tail and that is was boring into her nose deeper and deeper every minute.
We arrived at the vet here in Discovery Bay in a few minutes and I took Starr in. She was a very good girl and put up with their examine. Then the doc went away to his adding machine and hit the go button. $440 dollar later he came back and took Starr away. He called an hour later to say he had helped her sleep, then worked on her nose and found a very long fox tail. When he removed it she bled a lot. He said he had to keep her nose packed for awhile to slow the bleeding and it finally stopped. I could pick her up at 5. Well I was there at 5 with a check in hand. I was urged to buy flea medicine, heart worm medicine which I declined. I figured they might be a less expensive way to buy these needed items.
Starr was very uncertain on her feet and has been at my feet or within a couple yards away since we got home. Mid evening I had to make a delivery to Tracy and buy a new toner cartridge for my HP1000 so I left her sleeping. When I came home she was at the door and I've included a couple photos of her this evening. I keep wondering what next and then the next arrives and wow it is startling over and over again.
I am assuming that Dana and Anthony had a very good day in SF, they are both fast asleep and were when I got home from Tracy.
Tomorrow we all plan to venture down to Jason and Jo's place at MBA, hit the beach and then try out the aquarium at Monterey Bay. It should be a very enjoyable day. Am I caught up with my work? Well not quite but I've worked all day on it except for the trips to and from the doctor with Starr.
I am so glad the doctor was able to get to it before it moved into her brain. I doubt she can make the stairs tonight so I'll gladly carry her up to bed. I'm just glad she is OK and recovering.
Special acts of kindness continue to happen to me and to those people who are behind the acts I am eternally grateful. Life continues to be a very big challenge and several times each day I must deal with someone who wants money for this or that. Today it was someone really hammering me for a payment when I made the payment yesterday on line and in spite of telling her to look at her screen she just would not listen. Since I had just arrived at the vet's with Starr I just hung up on her. I figure she might just look at the records and see a payment has been made.
I'm grateful for so many things tonight, for Dana and Anthony being here, for kind and wise children, for precious and precocious grand kids and for my little Starr and Lady.

love to all,

Tim
PS I received some very difficult news this afternoon. Our dear precious friend Irene Wing who had surgery just 7 months ago was informed by a scan that there are two new growths near her liver. It was not the news any of us wanted at all. She now must search and decide on the next step, which trial program to try for to attempt to control the tumors. Please pray for this dedicated daughter of God. Her faith is strong and her courage is astounding.

2 comments:

loren dunston said...

Hi, Glad that Starr is okay and that Anthony is feeling better.

Sounds like a fun day tomorrow. Hi to Jason, So, and Timmy.

Emily

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, I am so glad Starr will be ok. My cats have taken me on that same route with foxtails and it's never fun. My husband and I joke that between all of our cats and their injuries/illnesses over the years we have surely single-handedly paid the tuition for our vet's son to go to 4 years of university! But our pets are family and so we continue to pay. They are worth it for the comfort and companionship and unconditional love they give us. Have a great time at the aquarium tomorrow! Deborah