Monday, May 11, 2009

500th blog







Good evening



So how was your day? Were there moments of beauty that surprised you? Sounds of music that delighted or kind words that soothed the beast? I missed all of that today, sorry.



I passed on walking this morning as I felt so rough last night when I went to bed, fever, coughing constantly, drainage--just felt lousy and that continued most of the day today. I cranked out appraisal work this morning, was chewed out by a client that owes me nearly $20K and my first response in email form was wisely deleted by me. I thought first and then replied with facts but got no where. Later I drove to Morgan Hill which turned out to be about 1.5 hours distant. There I found a very nice gentleman who lost his beloved wife 11 years ago. He has lots of toys, tractors, trailers, campers, many mercedes parked here and there and a really nice place with a huge barn. Oh it looked so inviting for projects and wasting time. As I drove out his little court I began to realize that not eating since oatmeal early this morning was catching up. Sometimes when I feel really lousy I fail to notice the signs of low blood sugar. I asked the GPS for a place to eat nearby and it spit out Marie Calendars, just 3 miles away. It is not often that I enjoy a meal as much as I did today, it was simple with just soup and salad bar and ice tea but it all tasted so good. While I was at the table I worked the file to discover where the comps were on a map and finally left to go back to work. On my way home I spoke to both Steve and Nikki and discovered that Steve was doing a very nice thing for me at the house. He brought over the girls who played and Mela boo, his lab so she could swim. She had a great time in the lake and tried to inspire Jazz, the beautiful lab from next door to swim but Jazz is not ready to take the plunge yet. Steve had discovered a big lighting fixture that was on its way to the dump and rescued it, remade it and painted it and now it hangs above my reef tank providing the best light the tank has ever seen. It is beautiful. He also took some of the bad things growing in the tank out, cleaned up some of the rock and helped the tank a whole lot. Steve is this amazing guy who can do just about anything and do it well. He has the tools and he knows how to use them. On the way out I remembered that I had the new mirror for the van that I had broken as I backed it out of the garage many months ago. Honda wanted $50 to snap it in and in 5 minutes Steve figured out how to take the old one out and put the new one into place.



When I checked the mail today I did not come up empty handed, there were some checks which came at a very good time as I have many people to pay, a cell phone to keep connected, a car payment overdue etc. Thank you Lord for checks, its like a transfusion to a weakened person and a total blessing.
I'm now going to bed and get some rest. I hope, I pray that I'll feel better soon. This current reality is not fun at all.

love to all,


Tim
ps the sign has a happy birthday to Keanna, next she will have her name in lights.
note the happy expressions on Jason, Jo and Timothy's faces as they escaped for a day to a fun place.

No comments: