Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day to you wonderful mothers! You make life worth living.

Dear Ones,
Well I'm sick again, not sure how it happened but I woke with a sore throat and its been really rough all day. I've managed to get some work done, tomato plans planted, flowers out to Nan's resting place compliments of Ray and Lois. It always seems so unreal to visit her there as she never stayed in one place very long during her interesting life.
It was surreal today, I knew I should be doing something for someone but I knew Steve and Jason were celebrating mothers day with Nikki and Jo so all my instincts not to mess up and forget Mothers day were for naught.
It was a lovely day I guess but most of it for me was napping in the recliner.
Early afternoon I was feeling especially bed and thought perhaps some good food would help. Here is what I prepared and I can recommend it.

I had brown rice already cooked and prepared it in a frying pan with a little oil and some soy sauce over low heat. At the same time I had a package of mixed veges steaming in the microwave in their packaging direct from Safeway. I used a combo of edamae, green beans, mushrooms which I would cook the full 6 minutes next time. The edamae really needs to be cooked completely. I diced a fresh tomato and then put the veges over the bed of rice and sprinkled the tomatoes on the top. The result was outstanding, tasty, healthy and very filling. The soy sauce I used was a light version but the taste it added was excellent. I used about 1/2 cup of brown rice.

Can anyone tell me how to keep brown potatoes fresh? At this time I just keep them out on the counter but I notice they go bad pretty fast and start growing green shoots.

Well I'm facing one of the most challenging weeks in my 20 years of appraising. I have almost no work left to do. Tomorrow I'm seeing a place in Morgan Hill for a reverse mortgage and I have one divorce appraial and one driveby here in Discovery Bay. Then I'm caught up. I would ask for your prayers that the future will made a little clearer to me than it is now.

So good night to all,

love

tim

No comments: