Monday, May 25, 2009

I celebrated the holiday by working


Dear Family and Friends,

I sincerely hope you were able to pause today and reflect on just how fortunate we are to live where we live, to be surrounded by people we love and enjoy the fruits of so many people who have gone before us believing in the simple truth, freedom is worth fighting for. Think of the people who are stuck in North Korea or Iran or in many of the African countries where there is very little freedom and life is very tough to live. Here we are with our current economic mess yet we have so many many things, circumstances to be totally jazzed about. As I drove into my driveway tonight after a very long day of driving and inspecting I just said a quiet thank you to God for yet another safe day with work to do and energy to carry it out.

This morning Ken and I walked at 7:30 and then I had breakfast and did some office work. Suddenly it was time to leave and I needed to shower.

My first stop was in one of the worst hit places in the US, Stockton. I saw a very nicely maintained home with over 2,100 sf that is in contract for $233K. After measuring, inspecting, photographing I found the comps and then discovered I was feeling fairly faint and very hungry. The GPS directed me to a Marie Calenders in Elk Grove. After a lunch of soup and a huge salad, corn bread and ice tea I felt like myself again. While I was there I decided to divert from my plans a bit and take a pie to Barb and Gerry who live in a 55 and over Del Webb development near Roseville. But before I could go there I had to do a loft property in downtown Sacramento. It was the purchase of a nice three story property right in the heart of Sacramento. Then it was out to see Barb and Gerry in their beautiful home. When I left later I pointed the bug toward Fairfield to finish the appraisal that I could not complete the other day due to a key being removed from the lockbox. This time it was there as promised.

From Fairfield it was a hour home. As I neared home I decided I had better do the shopping list that has been prepared for a week. So $86 later and a few sacks I'm caught up.

Now I'm home and ready to call it a day. You ask why work on a holiday? Well first off I had work to do, secondly the timer is ticking on these orders, they all have to be done either tomorrow or by Thursday and I had no better offers or plans for the day. For excitement I picked up dog droppings on the back deck!

It feels good to be home tonight, very good.

Sending love to all,


Tim

No comments: