Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another day, another dollar

Dear Friends and Family,
The dryer is buzzing telling me that the sheets are dry. For the first time that I can remember the dryer actually dries the whole load the first time. It seems so special to do laundry now and have it work.
This has been a fun day, Ken and I walked this morning and it seemed like he was on fire, we walked fast all the way around. Then I had an oatmeal breakfast with strawberries and soy milk, took my pills and waded into the desk work. In spite of my best intentions I did not get a lot done for the first part of the day. Suddenly it was 2 pm and time to pick up Keanna. At that same moment Steve arrived with his box trailer to store it beside the house. We already had the boat and his pop up camper trailer but he managed to move things about and in amazing short time had all three trailers parked behind the fence and out of sight. Now he has more room for guests to park for the Kallie 1 year bash this weekend. Steve is really amazing. He does not know how to just stand still and contemplate a job. He wades in and before I would be through thinking about it he has it done. I am in awe.
Keanna and I went to McDonalds for our usual Tuesday lunch and had fun discussing nearly everything. Then it was back home where she made drawings, they keep getting better and better and before much time her mom was here to pick her up.
This evening Nikki took Kallie and Keanna to swimming lessons. Kallie loved the water and Niki was pleased to have both girls learning.
Just now after completing a challenging appraisal for the sale of a Loft up in Sacramento I drifted over to Ray and Lois's house for pie and to have Lois download IM, instant messenger, for the little laptop I am typing on right now. We purchased it for Nan when she could not handle the heavy laptop. This little one is light and lasts about 5 hours on the battery which is nice. So now I have IM on it. I'm going to start taking it with me to the field more so I can use my time better between appointments. With IM I can be in touch with Loree at the office and Terry who is my contact for lots of Reverse Mortgage appraisals. And now I can talk to Lois and Ray also who have IM on their computer.
Our weather has suddenly turned warm here and so the ACs have been cranking today. How I wish I could install a new one for the house, a new ones with the new higher rating instead of my old energy hog. However we are looking at thousands in a time when hundreds are impossible so for now its use little room ACs which are light on the energy use and cool where you are at the time.
Orders continue to trickle in and so far they are enough to keep me pretty busy. I could do with more work of course but at least orders are still coming in which is a huge blessing and a couple more checks came in today as well so I can make this weeks payroll soon and the car payment and the house payment for the second and on it goes.
I tried to eat a bit more healthy today and for lunch I had lentils, peas in their pods and some brown rice, cottage cheese and a fresh tomato chopped up. No bad.
Please keep Barbie, Suzie, Irene in your prayers. yes God is fully aware of what they need, much better than any human could know yet when we pray it is good for us and I believe it allows God to be involved in a manner that He might not be able to were we not to ask. What do you think?
Sending love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, I've been a bit out of touch with a very busy month behind me and another coming up. Two weddings, a bat mitzvah, five birthdays, a very special first anniversary, not to mention the regular summer activities. It's good to stay busy. I enjoyed catching up on your blog, love to read about the kids' antics, your travels about the area, and your wisdom about life, love, family, and God. Thx for being out there!

Deborah