Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bad news at Safeway, good news in the Laundry Room

Dear Friends and Family,
What a day of contrasts! Ken and I walked this morning and then I sat to work in the office but was accomplishing little as I was so sleepy and worn out. Ray and Lois came over complaining that the side gate was locked. Well it does not lock but was jammed. So we tweaked that until it works well again. Then Ray suggested that we fix the leaking line behind the washer. So we waded into the project. Ray seems to know how to deal with most anything but what we found when we got the sheetrock off was nothing short of amazing. No mold and the 2 inch drain was broken in three places, it takes a lot of force to break 2 inch abs pipe. We figured out what needed to be done, decided on needed parts and went to Ace in town. Knowing I had no money left in any account I decided to break the $100 I keep for absolute backup. The parts came to less than $25. We drove home and after a while the drain was repaired and we ran water down it with no obvious leaks. So we moved the washer back into place and Ray went home. I loaded it up with a messy load of clothes, put in the soap, pushed the button to begin and nothing, just a faint hum. Oh boy that wasn't good so I shook it, wiggled it and then remembered I had not turned the water supply lines back on. Once the machine had water pressure it started fine. So now I'm on my 4th load, no leaks and the dryer is working great too, once the dryer completes its cycle the clothes are dry and the washer is finished with its work. What a blessing this is to have functioning washer and dryer again. Better than its been for as long as I can remember.
This afternoon I inspected a house located right here in Discovery Bay. This is a house that might have gone for $750 or $800K two years ago and its going for $425. On the water and beautiful in every way.
I drove home and then remembered my doggies were out of food. I called PetCo but they were closed for the day, well I decided to head to Safeway for some get by dog food. I confined myself to just buying dog food and then went to the car. Upon arrive at home I could not locate my wallet and realized I had left it in the grocery cart in the parking lot! So I headed back praying as I went and there were no carts in the holding area but the manager inside handed me the wallet, I was so thankful to have all the credit cards and info it contained. There was just the little matter that the change from the $100 I had broken this morning was not gone. It really hit hard. That's the last money I have available to me and its gone. Mostly I was upset with myself for forgetting the wallet in the cart.
The brightest spot in the day came this afternoon when Nikki brought the girls for a minute. Kallie had just woken up and she was in good spirits smiling and sipping at her bottle. Keanna was wrestling with mixed emotions as she had just left a birthday party and she didn't want to leave when her mom came.
So I face an unknown week. Will any work come through? Can I wade through what I've already seen? will I find enough money to buy a tank of diesel for tomorrow's trip to Morgan Hill to see a property? Good questions that at this point I don't have answers to.
Good night to all,

love

tim
ps thanks Ray for your tremendous help today. It works.

No comments: