Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Staying alive

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm writing early this evening as I intend to be in bed early as well. Today has been dedicated to inspecting a large 4 unit property in Ceres and then trying to locate comps to pull it together. In the process I discovered that the measuring wheel I had picked up in the garage this morning is totally unreliable. One wall was 16 feet, then 17 feet and finally 21 feet. So I threw that wheel out and went back to my less than perfect one. So i had to remeasure the entire building all over again. Then a key was missing for one of the units but it all worked out. As I was working I realized that I was having a low blood sugar moment, sweat starting dripping off my face and I felt faint, to the car, eat a bar and drink some juice. The comps were all over the place, hope the lender will even accept them.
Then back to Tracy for an oil change, it was way past time but only this week did I finally have money to pay for the service. Then to Mountain House to the Library to turn in a book Sylvia had checked out for me and went ahead and got a card so I can check out books on tape from them.
Now I'm heading to bed to get some much needed rest.
Life is so strange, I've been living under a cloud for weeks knowing that the change in ordering appraisals was coming, now after living in the new circumstances and orders are still coming in I guess I'm starting to relax a bit. However in the new world the lenders give you a very short turn time to get them back and that is difficult for me to cope with. I'll learn and it looks like I might survive too.
I'm thankful for friends, family and business contacts. Its a cold life, mostly work with an occasional moment of joy or contact like when Keanna came running in this evening, they were here for a few minutes to say hi, that was good stuff.
Good night

love

tim

No comments: