Monday, May 4, 2009

mellow day

Dear Family and Friends,
Back from a late afternoon appraisal that came up at the last minute in Dublin. Ate while I was there and now I'm back home.
Worked in, my Morgan Hill appointment was for next Monday, not today. I used the time well to produce a lot. Took a break this afternoon for banana bread and coffee over at Ray and Lois's house. I could not stay awake so finally resorted to coffee which seemed to do the trick.
No money today but no bills either so it was a wash sort of. One management company called to ask me to find another sponsor and then they would consider letting me be on their approved list. They pay pretty well and look like a good company so lets hope that works out. Did get an order from a management company, paying $250 for an appraisal in Union city but they want it back by Wednesday and a property management company has to arrange entry. No way by Wednesday morning, no way.
Tomorrow morning I have to be in El Sobrante by 8:30 and then on to Richmond, then back to pick up Keanna at school at 2 pm.
When I drive I have lots of time to think and I often remember some point in our joined lives that brings smiles or tears. We struggled through so much, graduate school in Michigan, hanging sheetrock to make extra money with snow blowing through the buildings we were working in. At times they had us sheetrock before they put in the windows, it was wild and then when it was Friday only those people who got to the bank first with their checks could cash them, they often bounced for days. Interesting times.
Nan was always a team player, she would do her part and then help with my part. She was a lovely girl when we met, a beautiful woman when we married, an elegant woman as we aged and a spirited warrior when she was struck down with GIST. I know of no one else that even comes close to her in spirit, spunk, class, humor, loyalty and just being a woman. She loved to shop, to travel, to learn new things, to be in charge, to make plans and keep them, to watch out for her kids and grandkids. I was really blessed and made whole by being with her.
For some of you who seldom stop to really think about what you have in your significant other you should take a minute and allow yourself to think of losing her, him. Of course there is no way you can really feel it but still you can think seriously about what you have at your disposal. If you don't really love in tangible ways the one you are with shame on you. Knock off the games, the getting even or keeping score. Grab what God has blessed you with and care!

love

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim! It's been awhile; I'm catching up on blogs. I've been visiting my mom and just back yesterday. You've had a roller-coaster ride lately; I do hope the whole new appraisal routine gets better, and that not too much $$ is taken by the mafia. It has to be very frustrating. My little biz is suffering badly. No income to speak of this entire year. I'm just glad my husband has had enough work to keep us out of trouble. I feel like we're just waiting this "thing" out. Sending good vibes your way for work and checks and some relaxation & fun, too.

Deborah