Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rested and ready

Dear Family and Friends,
In life there are so many bends in the road and intersections to force directional decisions. As long as we are alive we must choose, most decisions end up being either for God and good or for self and ultimately bad. Sometimes situations happen that force decisions on us that we would not have to make otherwise. Fight or flee, charm or disarm, reach out, reach in.
Today has been a day which required very little decision making.

After an interesting night which included a 12:30 session holding Kallie in my arms as she cried and then the wonderful sight of her mother in the doorway, wonderful for us both, Kallie reached up for her and I willingly surrendered. I had allowed the room to be too warm and she was miserable, in my anxious desire to keep her warm enough I had allowed the room to become too warm and she was miserable. Nikki changed her diaper and moved her into cooler clothes. Why is it that she laid still while her mother changed her and was a squirming machine when I done so. Somethings about life are not totally fair. So Kallie and her mother drove home after she downed a bottle. Keanna slept through it all fortunately and did not rise until 7 this morning. So I slept between 1:45 and 7. Keanna found the camcorder and had fun learning to use it to shoot a scene with me still in bed, speaking in a British accent. She got a kick out of that. I love to teach her to do new things and today she added video taping to her skills.

I pulled on sweats and we made Belgium waffles which turned out perfectly this time. She enjoyed her breakfast and then we drove to Tracy SDA Church for Sabbath School. Today we went to the Kingdom Kids program which is operated by Sylvia, Pat, Wes and Rod. They do a wonderful job with the class and Keanna learned many things and enjoyed getting to see her special friend Sylvia.

Knowing Nikki was on her way to meet us at Olive Garden for lunch we took time to stop at the McDonalds playground where she worked off some energy. Then we met up with Nikki and Kallie, had a lovely lunch and each went our own way. My way was to the big Lazy Boy leather recliner that has seen so much action over the years. As 3ABN played softly in the background I snoozed with faith Starr at my side and Lady at my feet. It was a pleasant afternoon with warm breezes blowing through the family room.

This evening Lois invited me to have a sandwich at Subway and their Gardenburger on wheat bread is excellent. When we came back it was growing dark but the front lawn called to me so as Lois sat in the driveway and supervised I mowed the tiny lawn, fed it, watered it, then put seed down (the label said to use by 1997) which I hope works for the brown spots, watered it again and then Ray arrived from San Jose for his two or three day stay.

It was the kind of day that reconnects one with cool breezes, good friends, precious Bible stories, family and kidos, phone calls to special friends, rest and calm emotional rebuilding.

I hope your Mothers day weekend is going great. Tomorrow morning I'll take flowers to Nan's gravesite and spend some time there. No reason to go to brunch at Marie Calendar's, no reason to find just the right card and gift. Just emptiness and a host of great memories.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments: