Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A taste of life

Dear Family and Friends,
There were several moments today that had joy in them, brought smiles to my face.

I started my day by a drive up to Sacramento to see a house that turned out to be located in a wonderful older area with tree lined streets and highly varied home styles. The owner was a fireman with lots of interesting things to share.

The next appointment was with Barb and Gerry Lammerding at the The Old Spaghetti Factory located downtown Sacramento. I was there to deliver Gerry's security pillow he had left after his visit a week ago. Well in the process we enjoyed a wonderful lunch with whole wheat pasta, a great salad and some very tasty ice cream. They both had a plan up their sleeves to help offset my stupidity when I lost the money at Safeway and insisted on sharing some green. I was really surprised and I could tell they had already decided and they are very hard to argue with. Thanks guys, thanks very much.

In the afternoon I drove back and worked in the office a bit before heading to Concord to try yet again at a property that I have been stood up a couple times. This time the lady was there was had me wait in the car until she could take a shower, that was a first. Then I inspected the house and I found her to be a little strange, still coping with a divorce and trying to figure out her future options. Then while I was already in Concord I went and shot comps for a house a saw a couple days ago, they decided to go ahead with the appraisal.

Today was grief group night, this group is just for those who have lost spouses. It was very worthwhile and helpful to me personally. This is a safe haven where its OK to still talk about how you feel in spite of time passing as everyone understands perfectly what you feel.

Now I'm home and heading for bed as 6:15 comes early in the morning for the walk. My new orders are almost non existent now. Just working up things I've already seen and hoping for something to break. I've been able to apply for one management company per day and so far I've been able to do it by sending emails with all the info they need. I hope to see orders someday as a result.

Suzie is facing her big surgery day next Tuesday and I know she will appreciate your prayers. I also found out today from Jason that Timothy is quite ill with something that requires his taking steroids. Jason hopes it won't get in the way of his future baseball career! I think Jason and Jo would appreciate prayers for Timothy as he copes with this nasty condition. I miss him.

love to all

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, I'll be thinking of the little one, Timothy. My younger son had to take steroids on at least a couple of occasions and he is now 6'4". So tell Jason the baseball (or basketball!) career is probably not in jeapardy!

Deborah