Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rested and ready

Good evening
9:05 and I'm heading to bed. Last night I stayed up to see the bread finish and it turned out OK. The bread maker had not failed after all. I have decided that my frequent trips to the machine where I open it for a minute to see if everything is OK is causing the rising bread to fall. So next time I'll just let it rise. The bread tastes great but has a collapsed top.
Ken and I walked this morning and then I picked up Keanna who was ready in a nice black dress and matching boots. Sabbath School was wild today. Sometimes it just seems everyone is on edge and today the kids could not settle down at all. Keanna got to select a birthday gift from the magic box and Kim did her best to hold it all together but it was a wild time. Then after saying good morning to Sylvia we drove home to Discovery Bay. Keanna had a new video game to try in the Vsmile learning video machine here at the house. She played for hours and then we went to McDonalds for a happy meal. Lois came along and we enjoyed eating our lunch. While there Keanna took a nasty fall since her tennis shoes had wet soles and she slid out while running. Then we delivered her to her parents and I came home to rest in the recliner and enjoy some really good music first from Loma Linda and then on 3ABN. Good stuff. This evening I made brown rice and some toast with light peanut butter and freshly cut tomato. I had planned to cut a whole in the wall tonight behind the washer but instead I've been lazy.

I've certainly rested up this afternoon and even sweet tea from McDonalds could not keep me awake once I settled with Starr in the recliner.

Tomorrow I have to see something local and do a driveby report locally too. I'll try to get to work and produce some income instead of busy work.

It was good to see Zach today, he is one of Jason's special friends and he and his wife have precious little children. He is a young man who did a stint in Iraq but recently he has been having some heart issues. Now I think the medical team has found a solution and he is feeling much stronger and like his old self again. His malady is a reminder to me that none of us have a corner on health, things can happen so suddenly. I believe we need to do the very best we can to reach our present potential rather than let things slide. I know I really need to take control and go back to basics, no food after 6 pm, drink lots of fluids, mostly water during the day, take my blood sugar levels, take blood pressure from time to time. I'm assuming a lot and not being prudent. Its time to get it together, work smart, play smart, take care of basics and reach for the stars again.

So I'm sending you good vibes tonight. No matter what your situation or limits I urge you to consider your bank of blessings, your opportunities, your contacts, your abilities and then get up and do something about life. State the obvious to your loved ones, hug them, kiss them, speak kindly to them, be proud of them and make their lives better for you being there.

Love to all

Tim

No comments: