Friday, September 11, 2009

270 miles




Dear Family and Friends,


It is so good to be home tonight after a very safe and productive day out in the wild world. My wild world includes inspections in Patterson, Stockton and Sacramento. None of these were little dumps. These were all significant homes, large and appealing properties and all heading into foreclosure.


The little black vw did a great job of keeping me safe and cool today in spite of it being a very warm day outside. Each of these properties required many more comps than if they were little homes and of course finding all the properties and taking photos was a challenge.




In Stockton the subject was located behind a security gate. Fortunately after a wait gardeners came to work and I followed them in. Then when I was attempting to shoot comp photos the gate keeper at a swank subdivision refused to let me in. In my 22 years that has only happened a few times but he would not budge so the Lord led me to another entrance a few blocks away and that lady saw it differently and I found myself right where I wanted to be and was able to shoot all 9 comp photos. I was relieved that it all worked out OK.




This evening Lois sprang for dinner at Subway and the sandwich with the garden burger patty was so tasty, long day, nice way to unwind with friends.




When I finished mowing the lawn a grown duck appeared in the yard. He quickly forgot about me when he saw Lois and followed her everywhere and would not let her out of his or her sight. Finally we had to trick the duck with her getting into the car quickly. The duck quacked broken heartedly after she was gone and when we came back the duck was on her front porch. Marilyn and I found it very humorous, more so than Lois who was stuck with a new admirer. I've included a couple photos of her new friend.




I'm glad that this week has come to a close and tomorrow we get to take the girls to Sabbath School. What an enjoyable experience that will be.




I hope your weekend is lining up to be meaningful to you, spend time caring for those you love while you can, never forget family relationships are special and worth caring for no matter what!




love




tim

No comments: