Sunday, September 27, 2009

This old boy can still move!

Dear Family and Friends,
9:40 Sunday evening, the dryer is just finishing up a blanket, sheets are ready to load next, AC systems are still running as its been hot today, very hot.
This morning Ken lured me out for our daily walk and then upon my return I loaded up the bike on the bike rack on the motorhome and headed down to its storage yard. Then I unloaded the bike, locked up the coach and started my ride back. Nan purchased the bike for me several years ago and it is a real delight. This is one of those sold through an infomercial on late night TV. It has a genuine automatic transmission, it knows just when to shift up or down and really moved. So I climbed up on the very hard seat and started pedalling home. Funny how much further it seems when you are riding instead of driving. First it was down the road to Safeway, then through the parking lot to a trail which leads across wetlands to Discovery Bay, then it is surface streets the rest of the way home. I'm sure my heart was very startled to be called on for all that blood flow for such a long period of time but before too long I was riding into my driveway. I nearly fell off the bike and for the rest of the day I've moved carefully.

I made Oatmeal pancakes for breakfast and along with a banana that provided the fuel I needed to get me to the recliner where I watched a PBS movie about the creation of our national parks. I'm sure I napped during the show and then I set up orders, prepared a deposit. Nikki rescued me from boredom asking if I'd like to join her and the girls for lunch. That was really a fun experience and watching Kallie begin to handle a fork and spoon is a real adventure. After I left the kids house my next stop was the bank but when I tried to insert my card to make a deposit something was lodged in the card pathway so I had to settle for a drop deposit in the metal box.

At home I did some cleaning on the fish tank, ran the dishwasher, ran the clothes washer, rolled out the garbage, picked tomatoes, wished over the spa that still refuses to work properly no matter how hard Ray works on it. I think he may pull the last of his hair out over that dumb spa, he has tried everything and it works fine on the workbench, just not when it is all installed.

Now its time to head to bed. This evening I had a most welcome call from Irene. She shared her experiences from a 12 day stay in the hospital. What a ordeal she has endured, lasix, iron and potassium pills, 5 units of blood but they managed to remove over 20 pounds of fluids and though tired she is happy to be home and gradually recovering. I must say talking with Irene is an experience like walking with Enoch or Moses. She knows her Lord and her confidence in God's dealings with her is warm and comforting. Much of what she is experiencing takes me back very vividly to Nan's experiences, the low blood numbers, the dangerously low levels of potassium, the retention of fluids. None of this is fun in any way yet her care seems to be so good and her medical team so quick to respond, that is reassuring. I know Irene appreciates our prayers. This prayer warrior knows prayer.

I hope for each of you as you turn to a new week that you will find peace, meaning, success, love and guidance.

love

tim

No comments: