Monday, September 14, 2009

Putting in the time

Dear Family and Friends,
First you walk, then you shower, then you eat, then you sit at the computer, then it is night, then you go to bed. Well its not quite that bad, in between you deposit a check (yea), you watch Keanna at gymnastics and enjoy the progress and the happy waves as she realizes that you are there to observe and cheer.

After a very good but all too short talk with Art yesterday morning my thinking became more clear in what I need to do next to jump start this survival work wise thing. If the only place to get work is the management companies and there are about 300 of them then until you have been told no 300 times you have a chance of new work. It costs very little to apply and in many cases it is free, just effort, time, organization (they all have forms to fill out, emails to send, pdfs to download etc. So after completing an appraisal this morning I devoted the afternoon to knocking on some management company doors, as of this evening I have very little progress to show for it but I've moved forward at least some. I'm still not sure how to keep track of each of these companies without getting bogged down in the process.

I've spend considerable time today thinking about what I like about the life I had and how I can reclaim portions of it for the future. Frankly I'm pretty clear on types of people I do NOT want in my future but not nearly as clear when it comes to formulating the ones I would like to consider. There are a few things I know for sure having watched others move forward in their adult lives socially. In light of a deepening sense of comfort in the core beliefs that I hold I do not want to pursue anything or anyone that is not comfortable with basic values like Christianity, deep rather than just show, people first, not stuff, a total acceptance of my love for my family and their family as well, not required to have deep pockets but stability a must since I'm not in a good rescue place right now, must love life, nature, animals, adventure, good music, good food and so on. Unfortunately the basic list seems to grow longer as time passes. While I know I won't ever find another Nan it would seem wrong headed to ignore the life style that guided her living and not settle for something weak and shallow. Fortunately I have excellent family and friends to assist me in any screening process should things ever move that far. I trust my family, my friends and most of all my Lord to guide in the future.

Tomorrow will be dedicated to the writing of the three properties I inspected last Friday. None of the three will be easy, none are impossible either.

Please pray that God will guide me as I step up to the plate and try to find new clients. I believe God wants me to prosper but I know He needs me to do my part, to knock at electronic doors and make a real effort.

Thanks for sharing my experience with me, you are all precious to me and to your loved ones. You make the world worth living.

love

Tim

No comments: