Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tahoe and back

Dear Family and Friends,
As I write this evening life continues to change moment by moment. Suzie is very very ill and has just hours left. All the wonderful sisters are staying close giving her and Jerry and Donna support. It all seems so unfair. For many years she was lost to her mother and only in the past few years have they found each other. Now she is home with her mother caring for her in this critical time. I have such huge respect for Donna and Jerry for doing what they are doing, it is amazing and heart warming.

We drove out late morning after I battled with the Internet and my computer for a couple hours getting the data I needed to do the appraisal. I finally moved to a back up computer and it worked just fine. We had a nice 3 hour drive up, enjoyed the little cabin which sits by an open meadow, shot the comps and then headed back. We drove up on 50 and came back 88. Both are beautiful and nearly the same distance. Traffic was light and we had taken some water and string cheese with us. Now the trip is over and I am blogging and Marilyn is catching up via DVR on General Hospital.

Tomorrow I think I'll have Keanna for part of the day, I think I'll have lunch with Nikki and Keanna sometime in the middle of the day and then Marilyn will drive on to Sac to see her friends for the weekend and I'll putter around the house, get some work done and find new ways to get into trouble as long as they don't cost any money.

Pam had surgery on her ankle today to remove plates and steel pins which were placed after her fall awhile back. She is home and doing great and everything went well. I don't see her doing any long walks soon but she is on the way.

Jason and Timothy are both ill with fevers and malaise right now. They are hoping for a better tomorrow, I know they would appreciate your prayers in their behalf.

When ever I drive up Highway 50 I'm flooded with memories of our early days together. nan and I met at summer camp at Pinecrest Camp near Tahoe and we drove over Highway 50 many times together during the first summer. How we loved being together. I even remember the Sabbath when we climbed Pyramid Peak together and then came out onto Highway 50 way below the camp with darkness falling. How I miss her in all her glory.

love

tim

No comments: