Friday, September 4, 2009

At weeks end

Dear Family and Friends,
Amazingly another week has passed. Marilyn has sought refuge with her friends in Sacramento and I'm just back from a quick trip over to the Los Gatos area to inspect a very nice home. Now the Sabbath has arrived and I'm so ready.
I have decided to drive up to Jerry and Donna's place tomorrow and stay through Monday since it is a holiday. I'll be able to pick up two of Suzie's daughters in Sacramento after they arrive and save Jerry a trip down to get them.
Suzie has been able to hold conversations today and is looking forward to seeing her girls. It will be a sad trip but one I have decided to make after a lot of consideration.

This morning Keanna and Steve came to visit. They brought Melaboo who loves to swim in the lake. Keanna helped me pick tomatoes and then they went to breakfast. Later Steve took her to get her new shoes and she is thrilled.

I'm pretty tired tonight, the week has had lots of ups and downs with long periods of pretty low spirits. It never really lets up, the pressure to produce and find work, never experienced this before, never even have had to advertise in the past. The way I summarize it God has drug me through another week for which I am grateful.

So good night my friends and family,

love

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Being self-employed in this economy is a continual struggle right now. I'm in the same boat. A sale or two here and there. I do have 2 new clients and 3 projects but I have to keep my rates low or no one can (or is willing) to pay for my services.

I keep waiting for the economy to get better...I think it has, but only by a fraction of a degree!

Well, we'll both hang in there, day by day, and hope the best!

As you say, at least we have our families to throw in the good, fun hours!