Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another day

Dear Family and Friends,
9:10, classical music coming through the computer from KDFC through Bose speakers, all is dark, dogs are nearby resting up, washer and dryer are silent and I'm bored through and through. Yes I know I have work I could be doing and thank the good Lord I have new orders to see tomorrow and Thursday.
Keanna came to visit this afternoon and enjoyed spending time with Sylvia who was nice enough to continue with her quest to replace clutter with space and order. For those who have been in the house before you just would not believe how well organized things have become. This lady has a supreme talent at wading through years worth of once needed items and discovering the gems and letting the chaff go to the upcoming garage sale or the trash. I resist the urge to go through the trash sacks figuring that one needs to trust someone at their job and she is as trust worthy as anyone could be at hers.
Keanna was so excited to discover that Sylvia had picked Tuesday to visit. Together they sorted through drawers of office supplies finding the pens that still worked, pulling out the note pads, pencils, staples, tape. Then they built a new configuration of Keanna's Christmas gift where marbles race through all sorts of interesting turns and twists to end up at the bottom. The last hurray was playing "go fish" or something like that. Keanna came racing into the office where I was working to tell me she had won. She was so excited. I had to go see her cards proving her victory! What a bright mind she has and so much energy to burn. She graphically shared details of her fall at school which resulted in piles of blood spilling from her hurt knee. Her words. As the day wound down Nikki arrived to visit and then head home where Steve and Kallie already were hiding out.
Today as I worked a few new orders came in and a few phone calls too. Mostly it was a quiet day here in comparison to the circus in Washington DC.
Tomorrow I have the morning to work in and then there is a house in Pleasanton worth about a million to see, then a meeting with a client at 2:30 who just happens to be single and very good looking, that will be hard to take. Then on to El Cerrito for an appointment I have been trying to nail down for over a month. Then I'll try to make it to a bible study in Tracy for some adult fortification on the spiritual side.
This morning having not heard from Ken I waited briefly in the driveway at 6:30. I saw no signs of activity at his house so headed out on the walk alone. Not bad, but oh so cold. When I called tonight I discovered that Ken is in the mountains skiing for a few days so I'll be walking alone I guess. Just more fun to have company in misery! My brother walks alone all the time and does fine with it. He has done such a good job with retirement. He and Donna have enjoyed tasty meals together and he has been very active in his huge garden and yard. So far since retirement he has lost 21 lbs and has not felt better in years. I am so proud of him, can you imagine, retiring and dumping weight too. Good going.
It is an interesting time financially right now. So far I'm just ahead of the grim reaper money wise. There is something new to pay every day and the money keeps trickling in. Tomorrow the first appointment is COD and that will be a blessing for sure.
So I send my love to all,

Tim

No comments: