Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting the job done

Dear Family and Friends,
Boring day, good day, no adventure, no crisis. Up at 6 to walk with Ken, then leave for Stockton to measure house, then drive to El Dorado Hills to see second house, beautiful sunny day. I noted a car wash and since birds have recently decorated my car with fruit I decided to have it washed. Wrong. This place was high end. No posted prices was the first clue, then the nice lady behind the desk said that the attendant would explain the menu, yikes, menu! Prices ranged from $16 to $40 and I suddenly remembered I needed to be on the road. Yes the car is still dirty and I'm richer by at least $16. Then I tried to find lunch and this place was jammed with high end everything so I left the shopping center and found a Taco Bell with a clean bathroom and tasty food. When I got back to Discovery Bay I purchased fuel. I had gone about 580 miles and got 46.4 miles per gallon. Not bad at all. For a car that is many years old and has 184,000 miles on it. I guess it is just broken in now.
I'm lazin this evening. I made a dinner with some left overs I found in the frig. Once when Sylvia was cleaning out the freezer she found some vege meat stuff that is sort of like hamburger. Well I've just sort of ignored it but tonight in a quest for some protein I pulled it out, put it in the skillet with some olive oil and a partial can of asparagus soup and let it simmer, then added green beans and freshly cut up tomato. It tasted great and I let myself have a happy moment of pride at the good tasting meal. Gradually I'm less afraid of the kitchen and I've discovered that the worst you can do is create something so awful that you just put it down the disposal.
I have been calling someone who lives in Monterey to do an appraisal for a week, no answer. So tonight I tried the cell number and they answered, they are roughing it in Maui until the 25th. Wow that sounds good. So I'll see that house later in the month when they return. Another rush deal for tomorrow went up in smoke, the agent said the buyers decided to NOT buy but of course the lender did not have a clue so did not tell me.
Tomorrow is a big day as I will make a deposit payment to IRS as a quarterly. I have to keep them current or I lose my agreement for past tax years. The financial challenges are always present, just shift around sometimes. Wow could I ever use a windfall and no that won't happen so I'll just create my own windfall by working hard and smart.
So I'm going to take one more trip through the paper on my desk, see if there is anything else that has to be done tonight and then crash early for a change. I've felt short on energy all day today, in fact lately I've felt that way. Wonder if I'm over medicated. Just a thought.

This Friday can't come soon enough for the girls come to visit and that will make for an interesting evening. They are such a kick, smiles, laughs and then you try to get them to go to sleep, right.

Sending love to all, feeling much better, less coughing, more living.

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

We had a good Lunch at the Center Yesterday and for the first time since We started with them several Years ago now We decided to stay for the weekly "Bingo" game. It was really quite a bit of fun, about 100 people playing , good food & not bad Game Pay-outs. $45.00 Per Game (12). I even managed to win three games for a total prize of $79.50, not bad for a $7.50 buy in.

Looks like a beautiful day ahead but where has the Rain that they promised Us gone. Things are really Dry again.

I look at the weather back in the Midwest and that -33 this morning in Bismarck ND really makes Me shivvver!!

Have a Safe Day,

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.