Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Keanna brightens up the house

Dear Family and Friends,

Well Miss Keanna came to visit this afternoon, built a domino house, kept the dogs busy, kept Pappa busy too and was her normal cheerful self.

This morning with Ken safely at a meeting I got up early to get to work on an appraisal. After completing it I drove to Concord to see a property, then back to Discovery Bay to see another property and then picked up Keanna at 2. She was full of news, a new girl is about to join her class and that was exciting to her. She had a coupon for McDonald's for working hard at picking up trash so we drove down and she proudly presented her coupon for a free lunch. We then went inside so she could play on the play equipment but she turned her back on it as it was just too filthy to enjoy. We made a bank deposit and I was able to explain to her what we were doing, then we dropped off a check to the RV storage office and she said, that was not real money you gave them, it was just a paper check, interesting concept. We do so little with actual money anymore and she has noticed. Then we headed home so I could resume work and she could play. Nikki arrived about 4:50 and sat for a minute catching her breath and then they were away for some time at home with Kallie and then a special story book reading at Starbucks tonight with all the kids in their pajamas. What a great idea if it gets kids interested in reading. Nice work Starbucks!
Tomorrow I'm off again this time to Stockton to see a house for the third time. The lender first ordered an appraisal for a property and I inspected on a drive by basis and wrote the appraisal, then they decided to buy a different house so I drove by again and wrote a new appraisal for the same fee paid me originally. Then the lender wanted many conditions which I did recently. Now today they decided that they want a full interior inspection which will require another trip back to Stockton. This time I asked for additional money. I'm tired of working for free. After I finish in Stockton I'll drive up to El Dorado Hills to see a property I've seen before, to freshen up the appraisal, actually to write a new one. Then back to work in the office. Thursday its off to Benicia, yes Benicia!!! Hope I can meet someone there that day! Then on to Hayward and then back home. Friday its off to Roseville to see a couple homes and then back to welcome Keanna and Kallie for a sleep over. kallie will go home at midnight with her mom and Keanna will probably go to Sabbath School with me the next morning. It will be fun to host the girls again.
In general my health is nearly normal. I still have bouts of coughing that would make a sane person wonder if I would ever be healthy again.
Our weather has been unbelievable the last few days, so warm and sunny one would think spring or summer. Actually I'd rather be having rain though as we need snow and rain so much. I'm sure we will see more rain, probably when I'm set to measure a 5,000 sf home somewhere nasty!
Well I've still got work to finish so I'd better return to it. Thanks so much for being such great friends and family. One could not wish for more or better human being to relate to. I feel very blessed with my kids, their kids, the Texas family, the Tracy SDA family, my work related family and all the wonderful friends. Life is really about relationships and people, not about things and power. Those who pursue only power and things are missing a lot I fear.
I have this dream book that came from national geographic tours. When I have time I read through it looking longingly at the tours they offer. The fees are amazing, $5,000, $6,000 even $11,000 for exotic trips to Sudan, Tibet, Africa, Egypt, Jordon and so it goes. Then I remember fondly trips to some of these places that I've been honored to be able to see. Israel, Jordon, Petra, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, England, Switzerland....... I've really been fortunate since I started life as a poor farm boy in Washington. To have sung in Carnegie Hall, Notre Dame, St Stephens, Dorothy Chandler, well its been a very fun trip so far and so many many people have helped me (us) with these experiences.
I have a growing sense of direction as I look ahead. I see a day when the company is somewhat larger and Steve has a larger role allowing me to take short trips to build churches, go on missions, use my abilities for the good of others. I'd like to wear the passport out. Not now, right now is recovery time and digging out of a very deep hole financially but every day things look a tiny bit better for which I am very thankful.
So my friends and family life is a hoot, it continues to amaze, disappoint, challenge and teach. How I love to fall asleep at night after a long day of accomplishment and progress.
Love to all,

Tim

No comments: