Monday, January 12, 2009

Resuming life

Dear Family and Friends,
Finally relaxing a bit but still at the desk with one appraisal that needs to be completed, so goes the evening. This morning with Ken safely out of town on his snowmobile I slept in. Then I dressed and drove to Modesto. The little house was a total surprise. On paper it looks bleak but in reality it was amazing. This place looked like an Italian villa with green plants, sculptured plants, an amazing number of different landscaping tricks, a pond with water plants, a flagstone patio, a hidden garden with table that seats 14, just everywhere you looked there was another clever little corner. I found the same inside, crown moldings, updated kitchen with professional gas range, stainless steel dishwasher, antique sink from England, every where clever decorations. He said it had been featured in a magazine recently and I believe it. Amazing property which then poses a big problem, how do you comp it? To what, everything else looked pretty ordinary after seeing the subject property.
After I finished seeing the property and shooting the comps I was having a blood sugar issue so I drove to IHOP but found the 21 parking places were full and people were nearing open warfare in the lot over spaces. I decided I could pass on the culinary delights of IHOP so went next door where Denny's fed me very well for $8.00. Then it was off to Oakley to shoot a photo of a new furnace that had just been installed. The lender would not fund without it and wanted proof it was in. Then back to the office to work the afternoon. I had help from Loree and visits from Ron and Ray. Now it is quiet and I'm winding down mentally but the work still looms over me needing to be done. Bummer, retiring sure has its moments it seems.
I found out that the furnace comes roaring to life at 6 pm for the evening so I'm warm and Starr is nearby watching over me.
So I'd better pretend to be working for awhile and get some production out of these old bones.
In general I am feeling much better. I had a rough morning of coughing before I went to breakfast and some since but its been better for the past few hours.
Tomorrow I'm off to Concord to see a property and then back to Discovery to see another before the high point of the day, picking up her highness at school at 2 pm and then bringing her home to do her creative thing while I attempt to work a bit.
So I'm sending you my best vibes tonight, enjoy your week, love the ones you're with and enjoy the adventure called life.

love

tim

No comments: