Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Still sick and getting worse but Keanna brings hope.


Good evening,

I'm writing early as I intend to go to bed early. I've had a rough afternoon coughing wise but it was also pleasant as Keanna came to visit after school. We built one of her Christmas presents, a learning toy that allows marbles to take long routes to reach the bottom. It was great fun.

This morning I fasted until the doctor office visit and once I reached the office a machine was attached to me and did a quick read. It told me that I'm currently using about 2,000 calories a day on average, that my water content in my cells was down a bit, that my body fat was 38.8 and needs to be 22 or lower, my blood sugar was 126 which is not bad. It also told the lady reading it more but I can't remember any more right now. She took time to lay out a reasonable diet plan and worked off a one page guide which is great, it explains specifics for each food group, how much can be eaten, the free vegetables that have no limit, other things that need to be included but in moderation. All in all it is a very good plan and after two weeks I go back with my food journals and am weighed and retested to tract the progress. I am very stoked about the plan, just wish I felt good enough to even fully comprehend it.

I feel like I'm growing closer to danger with the worsening condition, sinusitus and bronchitis both. The doctor listened to my lungs, found them clear and gave me samples which allow me to rinse out my sinuses with a saline solution and then some drops for the head. Nothing new was given for the lungs and the cough. He said he would see me in two weeks and I said if I was not better I'd be back much sooner.

Meanwhile my work load and conditions are piling up, the phone calls are increasing with people needing their final product back to them. Its not a good situation. I really need your prayers, guidance so I can begin to take the steps to get better. I'm not there right now let me tell you and I'm tired of wining about not feeling good.

I managed to get all the way home this morning before I realized that I had left part of the stuff the doctor had given to me in his office so I had to turn around and drive back to Tracy again. What an idiot I am, just not thinking as clearly as usual which even then is marginal at times.

The furnace repair company called today to see if they could come on Thursday to install some new parts. Yes, yes, bring them on. I cannot imagine how nice it would be to come down to a warm house, right now I come down and build a fire and in about 40 minutes it gets warm. The dogs love the warmth of the space heater (the miller special) and the stove. I am now using a electric mattress pad I found which warms up the bed just a little, its nice.

I know there are so many wonderful things to be thankful for, this afternoon having Keanna here was a great reminder of just what good gifts God shares with us. She is a very thoughtful and innovative girl and plays for hours building things as she goes and bossing the dogs around. They love the attention.

So good night all,


love


tim
note special things in the photo, Keanna posing, marble device in action, miller heater in the background.

No comments: