Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back in the groove

Dear Family and Friends,
How good it feels to be really alive again. Ken and I trudged our way through the frost and dawning light this morning. As I reentered the house I did so to discovery warm wonderful heat, the furnace had cycled on. I scrambled some eggs, made a piece of toast, had some strawberries and was set for the day. Soon I was on the road driving to Napa where I was to see a house. The guy was so funny, an engineer by profession he pointed out things about his "fine" house that I had never really noticed before, finally in desperation his wife pulled him into the house so I could go. He just wanted me to know all the features. Then it was back on the road to head home via Taco Bell in Vallejo. At the same time Art was telling me via cell phone that he and Connie had picked up their new truck and 5Th wheel camper and were on their way home. They were so pleased and it was driving, pulling perfectly. Just now I spoke to Art again and he not only made it home but was able to get it parked in its place in their driveway. The unit sounds just great and it will help them enjoy their retirement years even more.
When I returned home from Napa I was sleepy so Starr and I jammed into the recliner, pulled the heated throw up and set it to low and enjoyed a real nap.
As I was leaving the second appraisal of the day here in Discovery Bay Nikki called to say that she and girls had left recovering Steve at home with the dog and they were on their way to Uno's pizza. The food is so good there and the vegetable soup so warm and healthy I drove right over. What fun. Keanna and I colored and did a word search game and then later I got to hold Kallie as her mom finished up her food. Kallie and I ventured into the bar where she got lots of nice waves. She is a really active baby and has some cute smiles for everyone she meets. As I buckled up Keanna's child seat I kissed the top of her head and she said, thanks for the hairy kiss, meaning my mustache had gotten to her. What a cute kid, what a funny funny kid.
Well I am in Modesto at 9:30 in the morning so I've got to get with the program soon. Need to make appointments and get the week scheduled soon.
How is your week lining up? Have you discovered that nebulous balance between work and play, family and self, rest and awake time, good food vs tasty foods, buying for needs vs wants. Life sure throws us challenges as we move along.
So my friend, lets do the best we can this week to reach out to those less able, smile at those who are stuck in a frown, call someone who hardly ever gets a call.

love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

We are getting ready for a "Warm" week if the weather people can be trusted?

I've been getting the papers, etc, ready for "Tax Time" last week in Feb at Reno. Seems like only Yesterday We were doing "07" where has time gone?

Got the "Little" Car all cleaned up Yesterday it Looks like new again, might just have to keep it one more year (had it for 2 years last Nov 15th). Usually 2/3 Years is enough for Me but funds are not as avaliable as they once were, Ha Ha, Hope this new Year will turn the financial crisis around a bit. The Van is a keeper for sure, (been 3 years last Oct 15th)and My plan is to keep it a full 5 years, the Factory Warranty expires at that time and I've never been One to repair Older Cars at My expense.

Looks like Our "Low" gas prices are fast going away, seems to be no reason for the rise but it is on the way up again for sure. $2.05 this Morning. We got down to $1.51 about a month ago , that was a treat while it lasted.

Have a good week and stay well!

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.