Sunday, January 4, 2009

A great break

Dear Family and Friends,
This will be short as I'm once again feeling pretty rough, coughing almost constantly, head aches, one wonders if it will ever be over.
After a very cold night I woke to frost all over the grass this morning. The dogs did their walk in a hurry and headed back to the warmth of the motorhome. Jason called to invite me to breakfast so we all loaded up in the van and drove into Santa Cruz to a place that locals love, great food, decent prices and fun in general. Timothy munched away on his banana, his apple juice and some special crackers while we put away vege filled omelets, wheat toast and home fries. What a feast.
Knowing I had a lot to do today I started the process of getting on the road. In a motorhome that means turning the front seats forward again, rolling back the front window privacy curtains, securing all drawers and doors, moving in the slideout and in general making sure everything is in its place for travel. Then Jason directed me out of his sideyard onto the road and I was off. I set the GPS for the first address in Fremont which was 60 miles away. It was a pleasant day with sunshine and crisp air, little traffic and smooth sailing. I had bottles of water at the ready. I was able to shoot photos of all 6 houses without incident even though the streets were fairly narrow. Then I headed home stopping only once in Livermore for Taco Bell. Upon arriving at home I unloaded the various things, food, clothes, appraisal stuff, laptops, cameras and then sat down to work. This evening I've prepared two appraisals and emailed them out, made some appointments, made some toast hours ago. Amazingly the furnace decided to work and gradually lifted a very cold house (55) to 70 before it quit again. That was a very nice touch.

In the morning I walk with Ken at 6:30, take Keanna to school at 8:10, drive the motor home over to Stockton for warranty work and then come back to work in the office. Meanwhile I feel like every breath is labored and I'm so tired of coughing.

I'm very thankful for a wonderful time with Jo, Jason, Timothy, Val, Sarah and Clayton. They are all so fun and they made the weekend go very fast. It was worth the trip and in spite of not feeling well I'm so glad I went. Little ones do not stay little very long. Already this boy is changing rapidly and every visit finds new behaviors to enjoy.

Good night my friends and family, please pray that some answer can be found for my illness.

Love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

How I Pray that You will get relief & Healing from that Cough. How well I remember My Stint with that Stuff last Year.

We had a long day at the Clinic today , sometimes the Infusion Process takes longer that others and when it does it is very tireing to Carrol. When We got home at 2:30 She went almost immediately to bed. I let Her sleep till 6:00 when I woke Her for Dinner. She continues off of Chemo for which we are most thankfull. Next Lab test results will be avaliable at Clinic Day on the 2nd of Feb.

I had My Interm Check up today at My Dr's and He gave Me some new stuff to start on that is supposed to take care of My minimal Health issues. So Far So-Good !!.

Our New Olive Garden is Due to Open very soon in Stockton. We will keep You up to date on that event and as We recieved a Nice Gift Certificate for Christmas We are anxious to share it with You.

Have a good week ahead and try to stay warm. I don't know how I could handle not having the Furnace in working order. How very well I remember as a Young Boy in Mn,ND&Ia breaking up Coal in the basement and loading the furnace each morning and "Banking" the fire at night. What a Mess! that was but it felt so good to stand by the Heat Registers and feel the warmth of the fire beneath the floor.

Love & Prayers,

Bob & Carrol.