Sunday, January 18, 2009

Little people provide big lifts

Dear Family and Friends,
The high points of this day are provided by little people less than 6 years old. Keanna and Kallie invited me to lunch at La Villa, a family run place in Bethel Island. They invited me via their mother Nikki and I accepted. What a blast. Was it just yesterday I was with them? Kallie tried beans today and it looks like she liked them, Keanna was helping by keeping her lemonade at a distance for anything in Kallies reach is now fair game, look out. She was smiling, looking from side to side and having a great time. Meanwhile Keanna was caring for chores like putting salt on the chips, eating her rice and playing with her sister. Nikki had been enjoying some free time as she and the girls are off tomorrow for a holiday. When I left the office to drive there I felt fine but by the time I arrived my blood sugar had dropped to a level which was sending warning signs to my brain. It was time to eat. Earlier I'd made Belgium Waffles with applesauce but that did not last too well in my system.
When Ken and I walked this morning my lungs felt like they were on fire but gradually the pain subsided. When I got back and after the shower I was really sleepy and once I got to my work chair I fell into a deep sleep which lasted over an hour. Finally I woke up and got up to walk about and wake fully up. Then I set to work getting promised work projects to a point of completion. Most of the vital stuff is completed and emailed to the proper places and now I'm winding down a bit. All day long today the coughing has been intense with no letup for any length of time. Will it ever end?
A little while ago another little person called to chat, Timothy and his father were on the phone and he talked quite a bit, not having a baby interpreter here I'm not sure what he told me but I think it had something to do with severe beatings at the hand of his father, or it could have been he was telling me about his morning at the Monterey Bay Aquarium watching all the feedings going on. Jason said it was warm there today, felt like Hawaii at 75 degrees. Wow that is rare for it to ever get to 75 at MBA. He's been weeding and starting to get ready for the spring time.
Little ones are sure precious and they are just so fun. I often have a moment of sadness when I remember this joyous fun I'm having with the kidos is something Nan is missing. How she loved these little guys and would have enjoyed Kallie too. They were her best medicine and always brought her pleasure. Recently I was conversing with someone who has experienced a loss of a loved one and she said he had not yet moved to the why question. Well let me tell you I'm there at the why question all the time and I expect some pretty good answers when I have a chance to talk to our Lord face to face. At this point I sort of feel like He and I were both in a situation that was beyond fixing, for some reason God was not able to provide healing and put Nan back on her feet. A reason that eludes me to this day and perhaps will always elude me in this lifetime.
Well I've just taken a break to take a couple phone calls and to have some dinner. This evening I opened a different part of the Christmas gift that Ron and Lydia gave me, a platter of dried fruit and nuts and found the pistachios. I can't remember ever eating one before but discovered that I really like them, new discoveries, how fun!
Good night to all,

love

Tim

1 comment: