Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resting up for the new year.

Dear Family and Friends,

What a laid back day this has been. Ken and I walked at 7 this morning in the cold, damp, dark morning air. When I came home I ended up going back to bed and slept a couple hours more. Eventually I stumbled downstairs and made some toast from my new loaf of bread. Then I migrated to the recliner where I slept some more. During the day although the TV was on Starr and I drifted in and out of sleep. This afternoon Nikki called to rescue me from my oblivion and lethargy suggesting we drive to Tracy for a nice dinner. So that is exactly what we did and had a nice friendly meal with the girls. Keanna is some better but like me she is still coughing a lot. Now I'm home and just watched a sad CSI where one of the team died.

I am dismayed to once again be coughing almost non stop this evening. Better for a time and then relapsed back where I was. What I do know is there is something going on in my lungs that is not right and not healing up. That concerns me. So when I complete this I'm heading to bed to get a jump start on my rest.

I took the time to go back a year and rear a blog entry. At that point fresh home from Hawaii I was expressing my determination to begin getting more rest and to go to bed earlier. So what have I gained a year? Nothing on the rest portion of my life. I am totally convinced that at least three things need to happen for me to move toward a more healthy lifestyle. Rest, drink much more water, log what I do eat and step up the exercising. It is an interesting place to be where I have no one to blame or use as an excuse for my less than ideal behaviors. This life I am privileged to live is totally up to me. As I looked into the lovely faces of the girls this evening I was reminded again what a privilege it is to be entrusted with being their grandfather. A portion of their growing up will be effected by how I respond to them, how I set an example for them and by my support of their growing up.

I'm pretty well certain that I'll drive the motorhome down to jason and Joe's this weekend so I can get to see them and spend some time with Mr Timothy. I do have some work that requires my attention in the morning and then I'll pick up the coach for the trip. Having the low fuel prices has gotten me started thinking about motorhome trips I now look forward to. For some reason I'm really looking forward to visiting Mendocino up the coast but better weather would make that trip much more enjoyable. My friend Ron has agreed to loan me his car dolly, a device which will allow me to drag the VW along behind so upon arriving I'll have a car to move about. I look forward to giving that a try.

I send my love and greetings to all this evening, welcome to this new year, one that is filled with promise and opportunities. How can we be of assistance to humanity? How can we enhance lives of those we meet? Together we can help friend and stranger alike. Our Lord loves everyone and in His incredible love has provided eternal life for all, we have only to accept it and then share it too.

love

tim

No comments: