Thursday, January 1, 2009

Alive for the new year, what will we do with it.

Dear Family and Friends,
For the last few minutes I've been reading blogs from one year ago, from Kauai and then as I was traveling home. It seems a life time ago now. Does the passing of a year mean the life I knew before is somehow forgotten? Not in any way, it is more positioned in my mind in a framework that allows me to move forward in my life. One does not have to deny how good things were to move forward with the current realities. When I think of all the myriad ways you have helped our family this year and me, with hundreds of phone calls, cards, cash, checks, emails, prayers, ideas, grief materials. You all have been very very solid in your support, without your being involved I would have lost my home, I would have had a much tougher time moving forward out of times of depression and grief, I would still be elbowing my way through a house filled with clutter. Yet here I am tonight, calm, grateful, blessed with three precious little kidos and 4 adult young people who have been there every time I needed help and encouragement. I've done nothing to deserve the host of friends and family that surround me with love and prayers yet I treasure every contact.
I miss Nan and I always will. We were pretty good together, she had class and spunk, faith and a very strong will. She was all woman and shopped like the stores were closing for good tomorrow. For someone like me to have the privilege to be with someone like her, well it was a very good time and I will always thank God for the honor. There were things that Nan knew how to do that no one else will ever know. Like all human beings she was very special and unique. All of us, family and friends, were very blessed to have known her, to be touched by her. After a year without her there are times it just seems impossible that she is not coming back. I know from talking to others who have lost someone special its the same, Accepting the finality is not a one time decision. It happens over and over again.
I've had a pleasant evening, sat in the spa, made a nice fire and watched the ball drop in New York City where the temperature was awful. I keep wondering how Keanna is, she has been very sick for several days. Her sad eyes said it all, fever and sickness are hard on the soul, I know first hand.
Today on the last day of the year I got a good payday. Several checks came through which will help so much and I'm thankful for that.
I went all out and had a piece of the candy Barbara and Gerry gave me for Christmas, Sees sure is good stuff.
I'm considering taking the motorhome to Jason and Jo's for the weekend. I had hoped to be able to drive to my brother Jerry's house in Weed but I'm concerned with the possibilities of bad weather on the roads, not wanting to buy chains for a motorhome so I'll put that trip off for a few weeks until a nice sunny weekend. Our weather locally has been pretty nasty, fog, overcast, rain, cold and of course Mr Ken, drill master, had me out walking this morning at 6:30, thanks Ken, it felt good (to be back home in the recliner with a blanket).

So I send my thanks for your solid support on all fronts for the past year and I pledge to be of assistance to anyone God sends my way for the new year. May God help us all as we live for Him every day.

Love


Tim

No comments: