Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back to work, feels good!

Dear Family and Friends,
As I write tonight I do so with a sense of satisfaction. This has been a day of success and of feeling pretty good.
6:30 Ken demands we walk faster to avoid freezing, we survive.
8:45 I leave for local ranch appointment, have an enjoyable inspection, collect check!
9:30 Back to the office where production really kicked in. Jean had expertly written several appraisals and they were back for final review and shipping. I must have emailed 6 or 7 out to lenders, took calls and worked through several important items on my desk.
1: pm I leave for Tracy and my appointment with Dr. Makker. I felt almost foolish going as today I finally began to feel normal and energetic. He listened to my lungs, said they were clear and said I was recovering well, yes I coughed a few times but he was not that impressed. While there I also signed up for his in office fitness and weight program and will start on the 6th. It sounds really good.
2:10 I leave for San Jose and realize I've forgotten to have lunch. I plan to stop in Livermore for a burrito but am on the phone to someone and miss the turn so I drive on to South San Jose and my 3:30 appointment. The inspection goes well, nice lady and her son, attractive townhouse in a nice development. Shoot comps and make contact with the San Jose MLS board. I learn that I've signed up for the wrong thing and need to drive to the right office by 5 pm to sign up correctly and I also learn it will be over $500. Yikes. The GPS directs me to the front door and at 4:57 I arrive in the office. I'm told its too late but they print off the forms and I leave. By now I'm really hungry so I GPS for the nearest Olive Garden. I'm told its in Fremont and in a short time I'm munching salad, soup and bread, sipping peach ice tea and starting to feel human again.
I leave for Discovery Bay and stop in Livermore for fuel, $2.15 a gallon for diesel, not bad and I learn I've just gotten 45 miles per gallon. Nice! Its a clear night and I'm feeling no pain, then I cross the ridge on Vasco Road and descend into dense fog everywhere. Of course someone feels his headlights need to be planted on my bumper but I pay him no mind. When I reach Discovery Bay I turn to the RV parking lot and pick up the motorhome. It roars right into life and I fill it with just $52 dollars. I had 30 cents off per gallon at Safeway so I purchased fuel at $1.49 a gallon. Then I put it away and drove home to discover a check in the mail and San Jose had given me a check also. yes I can make the house payment tonight, thank you Lord!
These are the days of one who owns a small business, you work when there is work, you don't even consider taking a break or quitting early, there is work to do after all. And there are rewards too, many of them.
So my friend as the year counts down I'm feeling good. For a lot of reasons I'm hopeful and thankful and feel like things might just be turning a bit better. I hope that is true for you too.
I would like to ask for your prayers for Keanna, she is so sick and feels rough.
So goodnight all,

love from my house to yours,

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

So glad to read that You are feeling better at last!

We are really socked in with Fog this morning, hope things clear up by noon or so. Lunch at the Senior Center will be at 11:30 and this evening We are having Friends over for Pizza ,Movies, Games etc. More than likely We will not see the new Year in but I trust it will arrive on it's own.

Bob Tan has decided to keep the Choral active thru May so We will continue to Practice on Friday night and sing once a Month for Church Service. You are most welcome to join Us if You would like 7:00 Friday evening at E.Oaks Church starting on the 9th of January.

Have a safe productive Day and continue to feel better.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

Hooray for feeling better! So glad to hear it. Keanna will be better soon, too. Tim, have a very Happy New Year! Deborah