Monday, December 15, 2008

Muddling through the day but I think I'm better

Dear Family and Friends,
Right now I'm going through yet another long bout of coughing my guts up, head is swirling, ears are hurting and each breath comes with a rattle. However most of the afternoon has found me doing better. I've worked all day and well into the evening on one appraisal, the one for a ranch in Oakdale and now its gone to the lender. This evening I've been happy to hear from Dolly, Shawn, my brother Jerry and earlier Nikki and Jason.
I slept very well last night and woke up rested, that is until I stood up and started to cough. After a good hot shower I came down and have stayed in my slippers all day. I built a warm fire and managed to include 1 and 2/3 cup of water with my oatmeal this morning instead of the 2/3 cup it needed. To say it was watery would be understatement, could waste it though. For lunch I had a griller by Safeway and this evening a tomato sandwich. The highlight of the day was running the dishwasher and getting not one but two checks in the mail today, wow, that is a first for a very long time.
This afternoon my computer just quit working, Jim was trying to do a quick fix of something by remote and for awhile we thought the hard drive had quit. Finally after an hour of repairs and $95 later it works again, I was so grateful for that. Work is sort of backing up on me right now, Jean has done her part and now its up to me to get things out the door and then go see properties again. Just hope I feel better in the morning.
Today was a sad and memorable day. One year go Dr. Steve Ahn died as he was resting at the hospital after delivering a little baby. All day I today I have thought of the hundreds of happy encounters with this fun loving and deeply caring guy, a marvelous human being who just seemed to love everyone. He lived with an enormous curiosity, always asking questions, reading, learning, trying new things, collecting, photographing. There really was only one Steve Ahn and we are all so much the poorer for losing him at such a young age. I know this has been a day of remembering for Sylvia and the boys, a day you can't avoid, a day you just have to live through.
Thank you for your prayers for my health and I sincerely hope I can resume a normal life and schedule soon.

love to all

Tim

No comments: