Thursday, December 18, 2008

Early blog, I might live

Dear Family and Friends,
Are you staying warm? Kind of hard to see global warming when one checks the weather channel right now!
I'm writing to report that I checked in with Dr. Makker who was Nan's doctor in Tracy. I thought I needed to see a doctor again as I was not getting better and Jim does not see patients after Wednesdays. Dr. Makker listened to my lungs, left the room and came back with an inhaler filled with Synmbicort, budesonide, formoterol fumarate dilydrate to be exact. He had me open and then breath in while he pushed. Its just once in the morning and once at night. I'm to keep taking the antibiotic as well. He said I had bronchitis.
After having a very nice night with very little coughing I rose and decided to honor the appointment in Redwood City. By the time I arrived there I felt pretty rough and after I left the house it got worse. What hit me was low blood sugar but I failed to realize it as I was coughing constantly. When the comps were shot I turned the van to the San Mateo bridge and was very spacey as I drove. I asked the GPS for Olive Garden and it guided me to Hayward where I had not only soup and salad but also manicotti. As I ate I began to feel much more alive and by the time I left while I was still coughing I felt alert and ready to drive to Tracy for a 3 pm appointment with Dr. Makker.
Now I am back home and I've decided to up the anty for getting my furnace fixed. I'm pursuing any and all repair persons, there has got to be a solution to a furnace that lights and heats sometimes and then won't for days or weeks. A number of experts have been here and as each one leaves the furnace is heating perfectly but as soon as the cycle happens and it cools down the next time it tries to light I only get cold air. This has gone on long enough. I have about $100 I can spare for furnace repair right now and if people will pay me that owe me I could afford more.
Nikki and Sylvia have been very helpful today with words of encouragement on phone calls. Very nice to hear calm voices!
So the question arises once again. Do I stay in tomorrow and cancel two appointments that came through today or see these properties and then rest the weekend? I guess I can cancel in the morning if I need to.
Right now I need to carry some wood in and get a big fire going to the dogs can have some real heat, this morning we started at 59 in the family room, not too good.
This evening Roger and Carol are arriving for a visit to see their precious kids in Sacramento. I had hoped to see them but we'll have to see how I feel, really don't' want to share this special bug I have.

So I hope your evening goes nicely. Love to all.

Tim

3 comments:

Deborah W said...

I'm sad you are still not feeling well, Tim! Sounds like your coughing eases at night. Are you still using the Vicks at night? You might try it during the day, too. I hope the new meds help and you begin to recuperate SOON. Keep fighting and know you are in my prayers. Deborah

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.