Saturday, December 20, 2008

A great Sabbath day, feeling better







Dear Family and Friends,

What an interesting Sabbath day. After a terrible night of coughing and fitful sleep the alarm woke me at 7:30. A long shower improved my mood and I quickly dressed, made oatmeal and drove over to pick up Keanna for Sabbath School. The program was great and the crowd of kids enjoyed it. Then Keanna and I headed over the Olive Garden. As we sat in the van waiting for the door to open she experimented with the climate control and at one point had the rear system at 58 and the front at 75. Cute kid and so bright. Then we went in and found a booth. She handed out stickers to everyone she met and when we left they were wearing their stickers. Kallie and Nikki arrived in a burst of activity. Kallie is no longer the perfect baby who is willing to sleep through anything and just smile. Forget that now. She smells food, she wants to eat, not soon, now. She has turned into a little terror, way to go Kallie. Show us your stuff. I am so thankful that Nikki goes out of her way so often to let me have time with the girls and so I don't have to eat alone. These times are really special.

After lunch I headed home and found checks waiting in the mailbox. Nice. I came in and decided a short nap was in order, the dogs joined me and couldn't figure out why I was getting up a bit later. I decided I needed some fresh air so I dressed warmly including a stocking cap and coaxed the VW back into running condition, searched the garage for items Nikki tells me are there for Christmas and then decided it was time to launch the snow globe, a device Nan and I bought a couple January's ago for a super price. When I opened it last year I found that it was broken and friend Art repaired it. As the season passed the globe's blower line broke so snow no longer fell gently over the three little snowpeople in the globe.

This afternoon I decided to see if there was a way to fix the line. I called Art to inquire about warranty work but he informed me his work was only warranted until the device was turned on. Art guided me to the tiny opening which has a zipper. All interior repair work must be done through this tiny access. I finally located Arts clever repair section from last year. It had finally failed so I replaced the plaster drinking bottle fix of last year with a new fix from a soft drink bottle from Ken's trash next door. That bottle and his duct tape seems to be doing the trick as it blew a steady snowstorm all evening. I've included a photo of the globe in action. OK, now I've decorated for Christmas. Three reindeer lit 24 hours a day and a snow globe, what more could one want?

As darkness fell noise from the lake brought me to the back deck where the boat parade was taking place. It had about 14 boats all lit up and making a loop of the entire 90 acre Willow Lake for all to enjoy. It was great and some boats had music playing as well as many lights and a theme. I've included a couple photos of the boats as they went by.

Unfortunately for me as the evening has passed the the coughing has become very intense again and right now its a mess. I've coughed so much that I've broken out in a sweat from the intensity. Overall this has been a much better day and I am encouraged. Ken just called to see if I wanted to resume walking so at 8:30 in the morning we'll give it a try.

One mystery was solved today. Last evening Lois had warned me that a white truck had been at my house during the day and neither of us could figure out who had been here. This morning Steve mentioned that he had been here yesterday, had put all the dining room chairs back in their places around the table, had cleaned the protein skimmer of the fish tank and had installed the cover on the boat. Here's the bad part. I've been so out of it that I didn't even notice the chairs back around the table, I see the boat cover but for some reason it did not register. Its time to get well and back from lala land. Thanks Steve for all your help.

I bid each of you a warm good night. I only shudder to think of those out on the roads fighting the bad weather. Been there, done that and I'm so thankful to be at home this evening in a house that's 70 degrees.

Love to all,


Tim
ps The first photo is of a fire I had going in the wood stove, doesn't it look warm? It was!

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Your snowglobe looks great! Glad to hear the reindeer are on their feet. :-D Hope you are cough-free soon. Merry Christmas. Deborah