Saturday, December 6, 2008

Incredible day




Dear Family and Friends,
In spite of waking up feeling ill this morning this day has turned out very enjoyable. I'm not sure what hit me during the night but this morning when I woke I felt every muscle and found them a bit sore. Yesterday's little ride on the Nordic Track Ski Machine really did a job on me. Plus I felt like I had a bit of fever. When I tried to build a fire to create some heat, the house was 59 degrees I could not locate a match in the entire house. Finally in desperation I went next door to Ken and LeAnns place and found a BBQ starter device which I borrowed. In just a few minutes the fire had raised the room to 70 and things felt cozy. As time passed I realized I needed to shower and get on the road for church. I arrived at church very late but enjoyed the part of the sermon I heard, a conference guy who really communicated well. Then Becky and Dick hosted a lunch for guests which was great. Later this afternoon several of us went to see the Black Nativity. Sylvia had arranged tickets and her mother, she and I sat near the front. What an incredible performance by an excellent choir and wonderful soloists. The total program lasted nearly 3 hours but moved so fast and was so good that the time passed quickly. The theater is renovated and is beautiful. It was a very enjoyable experience. Then we walked across the street to the Thai place for some very good food. Now I'm home and thanks to a couple pills Sylvia supplied my fever is breaking and I'm starting to feel better.

When you get to see black singers in action one realizes that we are sure uptight in the way we do music. Wow they really convey a message.

Now I'm heading to bed to see if a good night of rest will beat this illness. Sure hope so as I have lots of work to do tomorrow and its up to me to get it done. No time to be sick.

This morning when I had the fire burning I decided it was time to watch the DVD of the graveside service from a year ago. That was an experience. Shawn did an excellent job of shooting the video, really very good. But I found the reliving of the experience to be very traumatic. I was warmed by seeing the friends and business associates who came to support the family and remember Nan. I was touched by pastor Jim's words and the music was really outstanding. I had not been able to bring myself to watch the DVD all year and I wanted to watch it before I sent it out to friends and family. Now I can do that. It was not an easy experience to go through this morning and many tears fell. Tomorrow is one year since the graveside service took place.

This evening someone sent some lovely photos taken at Kim Conner's wedding. Photos of Nan holding a very new baby Keanna. Nan looked great in the photos and I really appreciate who ever sent them. Thanks so much.
I sense that I am more and more allowing Nan to rest. Photos like those I have included stir a nice reminder of a very good life that once was. I am so thankful for my precious kids and their kids to keep me grounded in the here and now.
Good night friends and family,
love to all
tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Awesome photos! Nan was a beautiful lady; and look how she loved that baby and showed her off! I hope you get those framed, especially the first one of the two of you with your grandbaby! Deborah