Thursday, December 11, 2008

Back to work, Steve has birthday!

Good evening,
As I write my head is one mass of pain, hours of coughing build up to a neck and head that feel like they are exploding. Yet sometimes minutes go by with no coughing at all. Am I better? I'm not sure.
Deciding I could wait no longer I planned a day out today and wanting as much comfort and a heated seat I took the van. That was a great decision as it drives easily, smoothly and I stay warm and comfortable, when I needed to rest I pulled over and put my head back. First I headed to Oakland where I inspected a very cute, well maintained little house with perfect landscaping, updated interior. I was there to determine a current value for the Hope for Homeowners FHA loan program. For people who stand to lose their house this is an alternate plan. A new loan of 90% of the new appraised value will be granted to the present homeowners which in many cases will allow them to remain in their homes. After completing that inspection I then drove to a nearby part of Oakland to take two photos to replace two in an appraisal, the underwriter did not like the photos that had been included. Then I drove to yet another part of Oakland to shoot comps for an inspection I made a week ago. Then I drove to Hayward to do the same, shoot comps for a property I had already seen last week. Then as I started home Nikki called to say they might want to meet up at Cattleman's Steak House in Livermore. We usually go there for STeve's birthday and its that time of the year again. So we ended up meeting there for a very tasty dinner and I got to see the girls again after almost a week. They were both full of smiles and adventure.
Now I'm home and so are they and its time to head to bed. I keep hoping for a quicker recovery but so far things are happening very slowly. My lungs were pretty full of bad stuff and even though the antibiotic is killing the bad stuff getting it out involves coughing it up and that is not happening very well.
I'm very thankful to be home tonight, to have sat in a heated seat all day and to have had a safe trip through a wide variety of neighborhoods. It was just great to meet up with the kids and have a meal together. I heard from Art which was a real shock. He and Connie are doing well on their trip to Costa Rica and will be back sometime next week.
I am going out again tomorrow to see properties as they are stacking up a bit since I've been ill. Please pray for me, I'm trying to hold it all together but I just feel really lousy and can hardly think clearly. I will be very thankful to get through this without damaging my body, I just don't know how much a person can cough without hurting something.

Sending love to all,

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

So sorry that You are feeling so poorly. I had that stuff last Year and I thought it would never go away. Worst that I ever had in my 70 years. It took three rounds of Antibiotics to put it down and nearly 30 days.

We had a great Christmas Lunch at the Senior Center today and right now are enjoying the beautiful Sunshine and nearly 60 degrees.

Two Choir Presentations this Sabbath. Fairmont 11:00 and E.Oaks 7:00. Lots of work but it sounds pretty good. We will be glad when it is completed.

Have a restful Night and stay down as much as You can, the Bug that You have is a stubborn One for sure.

Hope to see You soon.

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

I agree that you seem to have a an especially stubborn bug! I hope you are able to rest this weekend, once your work is completed. Take care of yourself. Deborah