Friday, December 5, 2008

Keanna on stage







Dear Friends and Family,

What fun to see Keanna's program this evening. Over 100 kids between 3 and 7 years of age doing routines or at least parts of them. While not really meant to be funny some of the kidos expressions and actions on stage were priceless. Of course we loved Keanna's routine and she had fun doing it. Says she loves the stage. That's good because a couple little girls just broke into tears rather than appear on stage.

It was a fitting conclusion to a very busy and productive day. It started this morning in a very cold 59 degree house and for awhile the furnace actually created heat. I decided it was time to bring the big guns out so I rode the Nordic Track Ski machine. For those of you who have been on one you know its a challenge just to stay upright at first. My upper body is sore this evening even though I only made 10 minutes on the machine before stepping down.

After a light breakfast I wrote an appraisal for a local broker, Judy, who has been a loyal client for nearly 20 years. Then I left for Lodi where I conducted a construction inspection for a company that pays a whole whopping $50 total for the inspection. Two hours of driving means I worked for minimum wage. Amazingly this house backs the Conners, friends that I visited last Sabbath afternoon. Upon leaving Lodi I went west on Highway 12 and turned to go across the Antioch bridge, a narrow and high bridge that always makes you hope for NO earthquakes. In Brentwood I conducted two appraisals and then drove to downtown Antioch to save a place in line for Nikki and Kallie. We got good seats and enjoyed the entire show, just about everyone had a camcorder going. What fun!

Then we were all hungry so we ventured to Olive Garden where they warned us of an hour and 10 minutes wait but after less than 20 minutes we were seated. Keanna went to work coloring the little handout and we are at a place now where the coloring is in the lines, even textured and very beautiful. She is growing up so fast.

Now I'm home and the house is once again cold but who cares for I'm going to bed where I always eventually get warm. I've included a couple photos taken this evening. I'm so tired this evening that I've not even ventured out to the mail box to look for money. Tomorrow since Ms Keanna has other plans I'll attend church in Tracy and enjoy some adult worship moments.

Love my Tracy Church family and am so glad that a new pastor has been selected. She, yes she is now working as an associate at the PUC College Church and will bring her enthusiasm and fresh ideas to our wonderful church family. How exciting for us all.

Good night one and all and special thanks for the many emails, cards and calls that helped us all get through yesterday. What a special group of people I get to call family and friends. Wow you are all great.

love
tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Have been thinking of you, and am glad your last few days have been filled with family, memories, reflections, gratitude, and celebrations.