Friday, December 12, 2008

Ill

Hi
The good Lord brings us to Friday night again and we are thankful.
This evening has been comfortable with some really terrific music on the Hope Channel and now thought provoking preaching. Starr and I have sat in the family recliner watching the flames burn brightly bringing much anticipated warmth to the room as Keanna and Kallie came to visit. The a tasty dinner of Safeway style griller, tomato slice, whole wheat buns and broccoli soup. Then the coughing began again and barraged my poor body for over 30 minutes before settling down, now the coughing is back again.
Unwilling to spend the day locked inside I ventured out this morning for a Brentwood appraisal, then on to a Oakley appraisal of a pathetic little house, it needs love badly, then on to Antioch to see yet another empty house and then back to Brentwood to see a fine Victorian used by a local business. By that time I felt pretty worn out from coughing but also had less head ache. Upon arriving in Discovery Bay I filled the van with $1.59 fuel thanks to a Safeway discount. At home I decided to find fire wood. A short stop by the bank for a deposit of checks in the mail and then down the road searching for firewood. Sure enough a little trailer was parked by Bordon Junction and $60 brought a little pile of wood to my driveway. Since I was in the mood and felt up to it I began to carry loads of wood into the house and filled areas on both sides of the wood stove. Then I began to settle down, paid some bills on line and then built a fire. What pure joy to have good dry hardwood and what heat it created. The dogs approve, the cats approve and I approve.
I've been advised by my health guru, Sylvia, don't come to church but instead stay in and stay warm, drink lots of fluids and rest up. I actually consider that to be very solid advice. Something needs to change, I can't remain at this level of illness day after day. My body aches from coughing, my throat is raw, my lungs feel like a sponge, my ears ring and radiate with pain and nothing is getting coughed up. How long can this last?
I was so glad to see my girls and when I heard they were coming I hurried out to get the deer that had been laying in my front yard on their feet, plugged in and ready. Keanna loved the deer so mission accomplished on that score.
So dear friends, please pray for healing for me. I've been sick for so long moments between coughs seem like heaven, peace.

love to all

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim,

I agree with Sylvia, "STAY IN" This Bug is very stubborn and seems to respond only to rest and inactivity plus Antibiotics.

We are going to have a full day as I wrote Yesterday, Hope the Music brings a blessing to those who hear it.

We are Praying that You will feel better soon.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.