Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not getting better, Dr. Jim to the rescue!

Dear Ones,
I'm sorry to report that this afternoon I started to get worse again, more coughing and severe head ache, sore chest etc. It was so discouraging as I woke feeling pretty good after a very good night. Keanna came to visit this afternoon and I am so in hopes that I did not make her sick. She is such a sweet heart and to think of making her become sick, not a pleasant thought.
I've worked in most of the day and kept a fire burning along with a space heater so the house would be warm enough for Keanna. She said it was and played creating a house with blankets and her table. She also made drawings, helped me open a wonderful Christmas basket from the local grief group, snagged all the good stuff for her room and we just had fun. While she was here she had two little cuties, those little orange mandarins, many crackers and two glasses of OJ. The dogs love it when she is here as she is on their level and they are constantly busy with what she is doing. She enjoyed movies supplied by Lois the whole afternoon. Dora the explorer ruled the day. Thanks Lois!
This evening Nikki arrived ready to take Keanna to swimming class and full of shopping stories and Christmas cheer. She is a great daughter and I'm happy with the way she loves her girls, its fun to watch. And speaking of girls, I get the morning delivery route. That means I'm at their house at 6:20 to get them up, feed Keanna breakfast and then deliver them both to school and the sitters on time. Glad the van is working. It would be working even better if I had not run into the side of the garage today and broken the mirror into many pieces. I looked down for a second as it was flashing that the rear tire was in run flat mode and in that split second the mirror hit the side and broke. Bummer, all I could think was what else can happen. Of course when you 've been sick for over a week you tend to get sort of discouraged, well not sort of, real discouraged. Cold, dismal, piled under with work I need to get to but have not been able to get out to see due to illness. What to do first? second? where to go next and will I feel up to it. I finally made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon in Redwood City but in the morning I'll have to put it off a day as I'm just too ill to drive that far, cough meds make me sleepy and spacey a bit.
I hope your days are going by better than mine are right now. I know many people who have been ill for days this winter and hearing about it is certainly different than experiencing it. My close friends urge me to rest and stay in and they are totally right but my clients urge me to get their work done NOW.
This evening I drove to Brentwood in the van, seat heater on high and while I was picking up my Coreg CR I noted that Sandy was there, she is the worlds best pharmacist. When I asked her if I should be better after a week on Levaquin 500 she said I should have been better after two days. She urged me to contact Jim and see if there was something else I could try. So when I reached the van I did call Jim. He is always so kind and took the call. He called in Augmentin XR 1000, two tablets twice a day. Sandy warned me that he had pulled out the big guns and that I would respond rapidly. She also urged that I keep some yogurt going to offset the negative effects of the drug on my GI tract. I also noted on the bottle that it might effect the effects of any birth control meds I was on, that should not be a big problem!! The bottle says the pills have amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium. Sound scary. Go get those little bugs in my chest. Go go go.
Well I drove right over to Taco Bell and ordered a bean burrito as they have to be taken with food and within 5 minutes they were in my system. I don't care if I ever cough again, I'm so tired of it, my ears, head, eyes, throat, lungs, guts are all very tired of it. Thank you Jim for your help.
For now I'm heading to bed. Lately I've been getting a couple emails a day mentioning someone is seeking to hook up on facebook. Its sort of fun to see photos of these older people, much older than when I saw them last, so far I've not put a photo out there of myself. What I really want is a photo of the three kidos and pappa. That would be a photo worth sharing.

Sending love to all,

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Sorry to read that You are still not feeling well.

If it's any comfort to You - I did the same thing with Carrol's 95 T-Bird about 10 Years ago. Lost my usual sharp attention to driving details and clipped the Garage door Track on the right side. The Power/Heated/Color Keyed Mirror ended up on the Driveway in a matter of seconds. Three days and $355.00 later things were as good as new. I really felt like a fool for that one!

Have a better Day, sure was cold this morning 27 right now but compared to My Home town Jamestown ND -18 degrees, Our Weather is not so bad.

Hang in there,

Bob & Carrol.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! We think of Aunt Nan and you so much. Our prayers are with you also. We look forward to your visit!

Shay, Rodney, Gunnar & Camden